Chapter 18

I sometimes mindlessly write down notes, so half of the time, I don't really know what I wrote. It was then until I read the notes for this chapter just a few minutes ago.

It basically said, "It's been 17 chapters and Kira has only been in the mansion for five days (I think it was). Must put a time skip."

So I was like, "Whatever you say, more organized me." And went on to write the chapter.

[3 days later]

Kira exceeded her training with Slenderman. He described her psychic skills to be great, and also said that she could do fine without him. He was quite to surprise to find out that she even got better in a small number of days. But her combat skills were still her weakness.

She used to be tested by throwing anything at her, to check how fast her reflexes were. Of course, there were a few scratches and bruises, but what she got the most of those eleven years isolated in a facility was how to dodge.

She has yet to learn how to throw a punch, and see how long she could stay in a fight. For now, she could figure out what a person's name was just by looking into their minds, levitate items, and speak telepathically with those like Slenderman.

But she chose not to use it most of the time. She'd rather ask a person's name than see small glimpses of their memories. She'd rather lift up an object with her fingers than her mind. And she'd rather speak with her tongue than to speak through a mental range.

Throughout the short span of days, she noticed that Ben was a lot more jittery. She could hear him mutter words under his breath, she noticed that he was clumsier, and that he wasn't that calm. He couldn't even play a game without stopping his hands from shaking or even slapping himself.

It was quite odd to see the elf to act that way.

As for the others, they were the same. All were just as they were before hearing about the hunt for Kira; calm. Well, they weren't really calm, they were just a little more cautious.

Slenderman's brothers left two days ago, after she found out that they have been looking for her. Trenderman gave her a hug, and told her that she left one more outfit for her. Splendorman was crying, exclaiming that he will miss her. And then Offenderman, oraas he said, call him Smexy, he gave her a rose.

She felt that the kind thing to do was to put it in a small vase with water and placed it on her bedside table. Though she was weirded out on how much he seemed to look at her that exact day.

But of course, she couldn't take Jack off of her mind. Even though he hid the pain very well, she could see how much he was struggling. And the thought of him being weak because of his current condition -the black liquid leaking into his heart- just bothered her so much.

And what else is the reason why she always thinks of him?

The last three days, he has been, what Kira could describe, sweet. He gave her a few books that could give her company when nothing was going on, asked if she needed anything, and was more chatty to her than before.

Somehow, she felt rather close. But she still doesn't know what he is hiding underneath his mask.

Sighing, she focused on the dolls that Sally set on her bed. It was another one of Sally's play times with her, and Kira was actually looking forward to it. It was relaxing to her.

She grabbed one doll and picked up the miniature brush that Sally provided. She started to brush through the frizzy, blond doll hair.

"Kira, what are hormones?" Sally suddenly asked.