Chapter 57

[It's such a hassle when your mind makes up very interesting plots for books. Like, one time I was writing a version of this chapter, then poof! An idea came, which is about another world wherein videogames are kinda real and YouTubers basically rule the land. And then I get the urge to write down a chapter while I just began on this one.

How great.]

"W-We're supposed to go into this?" Ms. P stared at the machine, which was currently on and producing a vortex -most likely a portal.

"Yeah," Daniel looked at a small black screen at the machine's side, scanning the numbers, "it'll take us to a copy of Earth, only with no human habitants. Slenderman had to sacriface thirteen immoral people for it."

Victoria's face screwed because of her unease, "So, our survival is that important that he had to create another world?"

"Yes. I'll be left here to destroy the machine before they find this. I'll be hitching a warp to that place with Slendy and the others," he stood upright and, unlike his usual self, gave everyone a sneer, "that is, when he's still alive."

"It's Slenderman, he'll survive," Ms. P comments, her hand wrapped tightly around the two little girls' next to her.

Daniel looked at Smiley, who looked back with the same expression. Daniel sighed, "Phoenix is stronger than you think."

* * *

"What a-are you doing?"

Kagekao shook the alcohol canister, giggling, "Watashi wa toki ni yotte, anata no o shiri chimei yo," he giggled again and took another swig.

Toby shook his head, lowering his gaze to the ground, "I forgot that you speak Taiwanese."

"Sore wa Taiwande wa arimasen..."

"I hope you're n-not insulting m-me."

"Watashi wa bēkingusōda o motte imasu."

"You know, y-you probably won't remember this l-later, b-but I just want to say that the g-guy that r-ransacked your anime collection w-was me. "

"Anata o fakku," he gave him the finger.

"Did y-you just curse a-at me?!" Toby says.

Kagekao opened his mouth to yell a drunken response, but he didn't utter a single oriental word. He slipped his mask down just as a figure jumped from behind some bushes and tackled Toby. The twitching man flailed and tried so hard to pull the body off of him.

Kagekao grabbed his shirt and pulled the rather light male off of Toby. If he didn't notice those blazing hazel eyes, he would have thrown him to the ground and start beating him.

"Shite, Callum? Nani ga okotta ? !" The boy set him down and let Toby look him over and check for some wounds, which he was covered in. The blonde boy was practically a zombie, if it weren't for his being still alive.

"Nev-ver seen you so b-beaten up before," Toby commented, lifting his arm up and looked at the scars. They all looked like scratch marks made by a claws. It simply reminded him of that time when he had to feed SeadEater and Smile, and it made him wash his clothes several times. It wasn't because of the blood disgusting him, it didn't mind him at all, Slenderman just didn't like everyone having dirty clothes in the mansion.

Callum muttered something under his breath, which the other two can barely understand.

"Why is e-everyone speaking i-in a-another language?!" Toby questions.

"Naze anata wa doitsugo de hanasu koto wa arimasen--"

Kagekao was interrupted by a very loud sound. It sounded like a growl, just a short distance away. The drunken boy felt himself tremble and could only hope that his intoxication could really help.

Callum growled as well, lifting his head up and glared at something between the trees. He stood up onto his wobbly legs and pulled the only weapons he had left; his sickles. The tattoos on his arms seemed to move, swirling like animated air.

Toby and Kagekao exchanged worried looks before covering their faces once again. Toby's expectations had been, once again, became reality. And what he meant about that, he expected for people like Kira to appear in the picture.

With messy blonde hair and dirty clothes, the boy walked towards the three with a body dragging behind him. Lips curled into a smirk, and his eyes hidden behind the forest of hair. He giggled, a sound of pure malice. Unexpected from a boy that would have been Sally's age. The white hoodie that desperately clung to the body that the boy dragged indicated that it was Jeff.

Kagekao whispered to Toby, this time in English, "I hope your days wrestling with SeedEater paid off."

Toby moved his gaze to him, "W-What d-do you mean?"

"I've seen this one before. I had a bad day because of him."

Toby looked back, instantly regretting his action. The boy's back arched and he released a loud roar. Fur crawled up his arms as his bones cracked and bent. Toby got to see his eyes before he turned into an animal; a miss-matched pair of yellow and brown.

* * *

"It's a nice day today; the sun is shining, the birds are chirping... everyone's dying," Tempus smiled, bending down to grab a lock of hair from a head. He wasn't surprised that one of them had bothered to severe a head. 

"Everyone on our side is dying, are you sure we're actually winning?"

Tempus turned to him, "Listen, I didn't just wear my victory coat for nothing. Of course we're winning!" he crossed his arms over his chest,  "Honestly, I don't care about the human Hunters. They go down so easily compared to us, which makes them best for keeping them distracted."

"So, we'll keep on sending troops until we get her? Shi will be mad when he comes back and finds out that even the guards that's supposed to watch the black rated Mutants dead too, you know. It's not the best decision in terms of personnel."

"But he'll be pleased if we come back with Kira," Tempus pointed out, "we can continue with project M. I can't say how I'm actually excited for it."

"I guess that serum really works."

"What serum?"

"Nothing. Do you know where she currently is?"

Tempus immediately dismissed the mention of whatever serum it was and fixed his glasses. He focused on his energy, wondering how his sister could live with powers that drain herself, and closed his eyes. He saw figures colored in red, orange, blue and black, in a black setting. He searched for her, then finally found her standing in front of a mass, one of his own troops, that fell and lost their color.

"She's near," Tempus said as he opened his eyes and looked back at him, waiting for his reply. 

"You know what to do."

He took the mask that hung from his belt, made of wood with carved designs made by himself. He covered his face, whispering dark magic. Small roots crawled out from under his mask and latched onto his skin. His eyes glowed green, coloring the lace that protected his eyes.

A battleaxe materialized in his hand, earning a smile from Tempus.

"A fucking tree god holding an axe. Hilarious."

[Finally, an update! Thank the non-existing god! I was meant to update some days ago but Jesus Christ, I'm writing this horror story for my project, which is due tomorrow. I'm not even at the half of it! So much stresssssssssssssssssssssss.]