Chapter 26

Jack followed Kira to her room. As he entered, he felt the familiar tension between the two of them. He just noticed how much taller he was than Kira when he looked down slightly to see an emotionless face.

Kira went over to her desk to pick a blue object up.

"Jack, can I ask you a few things?" Kira said just above a whisper.

"What is it?"

"Are you blind?"

Jack shoved his hands into his pockets, his head tilting down to look at the floor. It was a question so complicated even himself can't explain it in full detail.

"There is a bit of a complication to it."  He told her.

Kira frowned, fiddling with the onject in her hands. "Is it okay to...?"

Jack sighed, then started.

"Despite being eyeless, I can see. This was made possible by Slenderman. When we first met, or should I say when he found me, he did something."

"Somethings" Kira questioned, jer eyebrow arching up as it piqued her interest.

"I guess you could say that he is some sort of magician." Jack continued. "He took me back here, then told me that he'll give me a 'present'. I wasn't sure what he was doing, since at that time o couldn't see, and the only senses I had left were the other four. After that, I could see again. And after all that time, trying to get used to being blind, it all went away."

"Then, what happened?"

"He let me decide if I would want to stay." He paused, remembering that he once was alone. "I didn't even know who he was until my first night here."

Hesitantly, Kira asked, "How did you lose your eyes?"

"Cultists." He said in a blank tone.

"Oh... Uh..."

Silent followed after. Jack shifted awkwardly as Kira just looked down at the thing in her hands.

The next question caught Jack off guard.

"Do you really like me like that?"

Jack could feel his cheeks redden, and he found himself stuttering. "I-I... I... Mayb-- I..."

Kira looked up at him. Seeing her cerulean eyes made him blush even deeper.

Jack thought that theu were pretty with the sparkling specks in her iris. He found himself staring back, still at lost of words.

"Jack..." She walked forward, her arm extending.

Jack looked down at the item.

It was his mask. Fixed, not a crack in sight.

Jack's hand shook as it raised to take it from her.

"I fixed it." Kira told him, smiling.

Jack stared at his mask, then put it down. Wearing his mask gave him a comfortable feeling, replacing his insecured thoughts.

He lightly smiled, even though she couldn't see it.

"Thank you."

"You haven't really answered my question, Jack."

Jack thought about it, then finally decided.

"Yes." He said as confident as he could ever be.

"And Jack." Kira called for him, just as he was about to walk out.

"Yes?"

"Thank you, I guess, for the kiss."

Aww look at that.

Oh, and hi!

So, I am back. I feel better, but I'm still upset that I didn't get to write the kissing scene.

Hehe... sorry. :3

This is the only thing that I could do that could make me a tad better about it. And was I gone that long? Supposedly, I was planning to be gone for a week only but given my circumstances, I decided to just sit back.

And, like Matt has mentioned in the last few chapter, I didn't like it. I wasn't used to not writing chapters on a daily basis. It feel awful, actually.

And Matt, don't you think it's wrong to tell people about me not eating at school. That is a bit rude.

Sorry, I'm just concerned. I will never do it again! :)

Anyways, I would have written more than this, but I'm still tired. And nervous, since my report card will be given this week.

Bye, see you guys soon.