Chapter 17

Damn, these chapters are getting longer.

Kira waited.

She was worried about Jack, and of course, the facility. She saw the black liquid also dripping from his wound, and the way he looked weak even though he hid his facial expressions behind a mask.

It was puzzling to her to see him so calm after experiencing a dangerous situation. There really is a lot she needs to learn about.

She sat on the ground, her knees to her chest. This position reminded her of her nightmare. She shivered from the images, and sighed.

In just a short time, a lot has happened.

"Why does this have to happen to me?"

She muttered to herself as she messed up her hair again. She never thought that she would wish that she was another ordinary human girl, not some freak with powers. A long time ago, she thought that being normal was the worst, and so she tried to get used to it. But now, she just didn't want this anymore.

Not only that, but she also thinks that she's putting these people's live in danger. They've met just a few days ago, and she started to develop regards for them. She cared for them because they took her in easily.

"Oh. My. God. Look at her! She has to be super worried about Jack!"

"Shut up, she could hear you!"

"I can't help it! It's just that they're my OTP! I feel like a fangirl!"

Kira turned her head to the end of the hallway, her look of concern faded and a look of curiousity replaced it. She saw a smiling face and a blank face with glasses.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO KEEP QUIET! NOW SHE SAW US!" Trenderman screamed at his brother, smacking him upside the head.

"OW! IT WASN'T MY FAULT FOR NOT KEEPING MY INNER FANGIRL IN CONTROL! IT WAS THE OTP'S FAULT!" Splendorman screamed back.

Kira's eyebrow quirked up in confusion. "What's an OTP...?" She whispered to herself.

The two started bickering and slapping each other when the door to Jack's room opened. Slenderman came out, the same box in his hands.

Slenderman seemed surprised to see her sitting there. "Kira? What are you still doing here?"

The question caused Kira to stand up. "N-Nothing, I should go now..."

Before she could walk away, she heard Slenderman say, "No, it's fine. I need to talk to you."

Kira turned back to him.

"The meeting we had was about the facility you were from." He said. "And I'd just like to ask you, why are you really here?"

Kira's eyes widened. "They were going to dissect me..."

"Ben actually did some research on you, he reported that you were an important piece to the project." Slenderman told her, making her tense up.

"Wh-What? I... I don't even know about this project! All I know is that they were going to dissect me and that's it!" She snapped.

Slenderman was kind of taken aback by her statement.

"I... I just had to escape! In all those years of watching employees die just so they could help them succeed and having to stand another torturous test, I-I had enough! They gave me pills, they locked me in, th-they never even cared about my emotional state!"

Slenderman just watched.

"I... I've always wanted to leave, and I'd always forget because of those damn pills!" She clenched her fists. "I've been there ever since I was five... I've seen and experienced enough..."