Chapter 41

"What are you doing?" Daniel asked, his eyebrow raised.

"Trying to be blind."

"But, you're wearing--"

"I know that, Daniel. I know that." Sam huffed. "Y'know, I was pretty excited to do this with you, but since I practically destroyed my hand, I'm not so sure anymore..." Sam, who was looking up at the sky, dropped his head down to gaze at him.

"Well, no one said that being an inventor, or being an assistant to one, is fun." Daniel said. "But in time, you'll find something you could mess with something fun, and that something might probably end the world."

"Did that ever happen to you?"

Daniel shrugged. "I figured out a formula for a drug worse than the most dangerous drug ever known. But I haven't really done anything with it, besides letting someone try it out."

"What happened to the person?"

"She, well, as expected, became addicted to it after two tries. Then she ended up in a coma on the third try. Needless to say, she hasn't woken up, even after five years."

"Damn. But, wouldn't the doctors question what happened?"

"I simply told them she was overdosed. I could never tell them that I made a new drug." He said. "Little did they know that she was drugged by her own husband, who just so happened to be a maniac, too."

Sam's eyebrow raised once he heard that. "Husband?"

"Yep, but that's a story for another time. Right now, we have a god damn temporary generator and force field machine to put up there." Daniel pointed to the rooftop of the mansion; a flat surface atop of the paneled roof, surrounded by black bars.

"But, why? Why up there?"

"The machine itself is the center piece. It will mark up until what height the force field has to be." He explained, picking up the small power container that would serve as a temporary power unit. It was disguised like a tool case. "It will also be some sort of satellite or way point for us to track. But let's get into that later."

"Okay." Sam said, watching him go to the doors of the mansion. He stood up from the edge of the porch. "Jeff, c'mon." He called for him, also following after the scientist.

The pale boy grumbled and stood up.

"Jeff." Daniel called.

"What?"

"Can you get the proxies, and perhaps Jack to help us. Actually, anyone would do."

"Why?" Jeff asked.

"Just do it or your face will actually look burnt. And oh, also take the force field machine at the rooftop."

Jeff grumbled again, before walking in another direction.

"You didn't have to threaten him." Sam told him. "You could have actually just told him to do it, with a please or promise."

Daniel sighed. "Sam, do you know why we're setting this up?"

"Uh, no. This is the first day of my job, also my first day here, and you haven't told me anything."

"Well, you see boy, Phoenix is trying to take back Kira. Kira is a very crucial part of their project, and must be taken back." Daniel told him.

"We're making a force field just because of one girl?"

"No." He shook his head. "The purpose of Phoenix's project is to round up everything they need in order to take down all evil forces that would reign over mankind." He sighed. "And the first targets are us; the Creepypastas."