Chapter 27

"I find your reaction more interesting than the one you had on the other game." Callum commented, placing his controller on his lap, a smirk forming on his lips.

"You. Fucking. Beat. MY HIGHSCORE!!"

"Oh no, I didn't, Ben."

Ben pursed his lips, his eyes narrowing at him.

This caused Callum to chuckle lightly. This moment felt familiar to him once he saw Ben's grimace.

He barely remembers the time he spent with Ben when they were kids. No one else knew of this, but back when Callum and Ben were young, or perhaps human, they were close friends. Some even mistake them as brothers, but now those times were gone, as he and Ben had new lives.

It was a coincidence that they both had the same fate.

Though, sometimes he wonders if Ben still remembers his past life. He doesn't mention anything about it, which gave Callum the idea that he had amnesia. But why would he assume that? He had no idea either.

"Is the mighty Link stressing over a high score?" Callum teases.

"SHADDUP." Ben said, switching to another game. It was his game, Legen of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Before he knew it, Ben jumped into the game. Literally.

Callum watched as Ben turned into a statue. He chuckled.

"Sore loser."

* * *

"Ah! Kira!" Pinkamena smiled at her as she entered the kitchen. She had a whisk in her hand, mixing another batch of cupcake mix.

"Hello." Kira greeted, looking at the counter where trays of cupcakes lay."What's all of this for?" She asked, catching a whiff of the pastries' scent. She then noticed two little girl, which are Sally and Lazari licking their fingers.

"Oh, I sometimes bake to calm my nerves." Pinkamena replied, placing the mixing bowl on the counter and bent down to get probably the tenth tray of cupcakes. "You can try one if you want." She told her.

Kira sat down next to the two girls and eyed the cupcakes. She chose one that had a pink wrapper, topped with whip cream and sprinkles. She peeled the wrapper off and noticed how red it is.

Red velvet.

Kira never tried red velvet before. Despite being strict, those who gave her her food would give her a few sweets. But never red velvet. 

"You never tasted red velvet before?" Pinkamena asked, taking out all of the cupcakes from the tray.

Kira nodded.

"WHAT?! HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?!" The lady's face showed genuine shock.

"I grew up in a facility, everyone there is strict." She said.

What do you expect, Pinky?

"Oh..." She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry for over reacting. You should try it out."

KIra took a bite, whip cream sticking to her upper lip. Her eyes widened at the taste.

"Pinky... This is delicious..." She smiled at her.

Kira took another bite.

For a while, Kira watched her put toppings on the cupcakes. 

"So..." Pinky broke the silence.

"Are you in love with Jack?"

Instantly, Kira felt her cheeks redden at the question.

In love?

She never even thought about that, even though, countless of times, she felt something when she's with him. She'd wonder what it was that made her have these sensations, but she wouldn't use think of love. 

Why would Pinkamena ask that?

"Aww, look at you. You're so cute when you blush." She said. "By the way, how is he? Did you give him his mask?"

"Yes," She thought about the first question, wondering about what she meant. "uh, Jack is doing fine, I guess."

The lady nodded, picking up one of her cupcakes. "Where is he anyway? I was hoping to give him some cupcakes."

Just as she said that, Jack walks in and goes for the fridge. He stopped as he was about to open the door and looks at the counter, then to all of the girls.

He eyes the cupcake Pinkamena was holding.

"Here, I couldn't let you eat just kidneys for the rest of your life." She put's the cupcake on a plate with identical ones.

Jack takes the cupcakes, forgets about the fridge then walks out.

Kira arched her eyebrow. "I thought that Jack can't stand regular food..."

"Oh, he does, but those cupcakes are different." She grinned.

"You don't mean..."

The lady bursts out laughing. "No! I don't always do that! I mean I do... but I make sure who eats my pastries first."

"Oh."

Sometimes she forgets who lives in the mansion. And there are children in the mansion too.

She'd imagine that everyone who doesn't look human would look normal, then she pictures a family.

A family.

Now that she thinks about it, she doesn't know who her parents are. She doesn't even know her real name.

Dismissing the thought, she looks back at Pinkamena.

A random thought came to her.

"Can you teach me how to bake?" She asked.

Pinkamena smiled. "Of course."

* * * 

Callum smelled something sweet, and so he turned from his seat. He's been watching Ben mess with a player for the past 30 minutes.

He saw Jack walking by, munching on a cupcake.

"Hey Jack--"

"No, you can't have one." Jack said, walking out with the plate of cupcakes.

Callum frowned. "How did he even know?"

I bet that you thought Callum fell in love with Ben. It's okay if you did, because I had an idea about shipping them and writing a kissing scene. 

I may love boyxboy stories but I recommend that you don't do that. ~Matt

Anyway! Happy holidays! Hopefully you have a fun time! And sorry for the short chapter.