Author's Note

I'm writing this on the night my mom and siblings are going to the hospital. My brother's been sick for about a week now, and he's been vomiting his meals minutes after he finishes them. There's a chance that he might be confined in the end, as my mother states, and I'll be left alone at home until our house helper comes back.

September is going to be stressful. I could already tell on the first day. In a few days, is my first basketball game. I feel pressured - as well as numbed. I can't explain the feeling. I thought that maybe September would be a great month, considering I recieved my exam results some days ago, and let's just say, my parents weren't satisfied. I, myself, wasn't very satisfied. I scored an eighteen out of fifty in math, forty-six out of one hundred in social studies, and I don't think I could write anymore about that.

So, my grades are evidently bad, brother's sick, people are pressuring me with all these words of encouragement... there's a lot and I don't think I could carry this huge weight on my shoulders. My heart actually feels so heavy and my eyes always feel so watery, and I find my own eyes tearing up whenever I listen to my teacher talk about our future. I'm so distorted, my body reacts on its own without my emotion actually changing, if that makes sense. And not to sound so dramatic and cliche, and all of those nice words I basically hate hearing or using, but, I just don't know anymore.

I don't see myself in the near future. I was always so sure on being a doctor, but now, I'm not so sure if I could even be a writer. Much less a YouTuber, as it always works out with a lot of people. There's just so much anxiety and depression, I just don't know. I'm so confused. I'm so lost. I would have had asked someone to give me a shoulder to cry on, but, unfortunately, my perspective on people is just so different, that I start to wonder what wrong I did and I'd think that if I distance myself away, maybe they would actually care.

It just hurts, but I feel so damn numb, you know?

You guys are the best. I don't even know you all, and yet, I spilled all of my dramas in life onto you. Your comments just make me feel that smallest ounce of confidence I am yet to enlarge in time. When I wrote the first chapter, I actually imagined a time when I'd get notifications from Wattpad and they're all about the things I made. It used to be just updates of books, but now, I see votes, comments, adding to reading lists...

And I'd just like to thank you for all of that. Your support has been, and will always be, appreciative. I would have written more things to thank you guys, but of course, it isn't really the right time.

Actually, this wasn't the real author's note. I prepared so much, even put the original plot in it because, well, I just wanted you all to know.

I'm actually crying. I don't know if it's from the pain or the happiness, but I won't let the tears bother me. You guys deserve much more than these petty feelings that I'm making you read.

Comment down below if you want a second book. I'll come back, not so soon, unfortunately, but I'll come back. And maybe, with epilogues or a new book.

 And maybe, with epilogues or a new book