Chapter 52

Sam kept his left hand on his eyes, and his right on the nightstand, searching for the goggles that Daniel gave. He muttered a curse word when he felt something topple over his hand.

A click made him freeze and he immediately closed his eyes and covered himself with the sheet he was using. Footsteps became louder as the person went near the bed. He heard a thud, probably something being put down, and the shuffling of his own cover.

"You're awake." Said an unfamiliar voice.

He felt some thing on his forehead. He put his hand on the object, and realized that it was his goggles. He sat up and slipped it on, opening his eyes. He blinked to adjust his eyesight looked to his right to see who it was.

"Hi." She said with a soft smile, brown eyes focused on him with a look of something he couldn't understand. "Your, uh, friend asked me to bring you some food." He could make out a slight accent, and he looked to the nightstand to notice a glass of water and a plate of breakfast.

"Thanks, person I don't know." He said, noticing how she looked more Asian than American.

"Oh, s-sorry," She cleared her throat, "I'm Victoria, the girl Kira and the others rescued?"

"Oh, you." Sam nodded, uncomfortable and lacking the idea of what to do next. His eyes trailed down against his will.

"I'd think that the first thing you'd pay attention to were my wings..." Her hand tilted his up and had his covered eyes level with hers, "But obviously, that never happens when I'm in the US."

His face turned from a normal peachy shade to a dark red, his goggles hiding widened eyes. He stammered out an apology.

This time, he saw her wings, slightly twitching behind her. They were a pure white, which contrasts with her dark hair that cascaded over her shoulders.

"Well, I should go now." She went back to the door, her wings folding against each other so she could go out with ease.

He stared at the door, his face still red. After a few minutes, he took the plate and laid it on his lap, he grabbed the fork and was about to start eating when the door opened. Daniel closed the door behind him, a small smirk on his lips.

"You didn't tell me that you liked Asians."

With an angry sigh, Sam raised his hand, flipping him off.

* * *

"So, obviously, we aren't going out for Halloween anymore," Kiki had started, placing her plate down and sat next to Kira, "What now? I can't stand being bored in Halloween. It's the only holiday that gave us a chance to get out without disguises."

"Well, one thing's for sure," Kiki's brother, Kevin, pushed his food around his plate with his fork, saying, "You aren't making out with Callum."

Kira raised an eyebrow in question, becoming interested in the topic, as Kiki wants to staple his mouth shut.

The topic of them being an apparent 'thing' was something she wanted avoid, and Callum's sudden actions doesn't help at all.

"Why would you say that?!" She shrieked, "We're not even dating!"

"As your older brother--"

"I'm three minutes older!"

"It is my job to be a brother."

"That doesn't even..." Kiki sighed, face palming, "I'm not sure if you're derping or being a stereotypical, protective brother from the movies and books."

Kevin sipped on his orange juice, then sighed, "You just don't understand, sister, you just don't."

"I'm glad that you don't have to put up with your own brother," Kiki says, "I'm sure he's also a jerk."

Kira shook her head, "He commentates everything we do."

You talkin' about me?

Yes. Is that a problem?

No, I like being the topic.

I want to roll my eyes.

Why are you being sassy all of a sudden?

I don't know.

[Me: Time to write the next chapter!

Mind: By the way, I forgot to remind you. You have a class on May 21, and the teacher's gonna be an award winning author who has daughters that also write. Hopefully that makes you less nervous and more confident. And, not to forget, some projects you need to finish by the end of the summer, which may be pretty near. Also, you have to delete some data on your laptop so it could run a little faster and smoother. You still have to do research on a few things, and there's more than twenty topics you have to search. And also, not to be rude or anything, you have to walk your dog. I mean, come on, she's dying.

Me: ...

I

H8

U

]