Chapter 36

Jack kicked Callum off of him and quickly jumped to his feet. He dodge every punch that Callum tried to land on him, and ended up punching his stomach. The boy fell back, stumbled, put didn't get off of the mat.

Callum wiped the sweat off of his forehead, exhaled and aproached the masked boy again, with his fists positioned infront of him. His inked fingers curled tightly, nails pressing into his palms.

He tried landing a punch on him, but it seems the mask boy knows what he's about to do as he blocked every hit with his arms.

"I wonder how you fight without your sight." He says, missing his head again.

"The same." Jack answers, ducking under his arm then went up to stand beside him. He quickly turned, but was soon kicked on his side, making him fall again.

"That's two out of three." He managed to wheeze out, holding his side as he sat up.

Jack headed for his shoes, popping his knuckles along the way. He put his shoes on, slung his hoodie over his shoulder, and went back to Callum to help him up.

"What do you eat to be that good?" He asked.

"Kidneys."

Callum grimaced. "Drink?"

"Uh, blood and water?" Jack answered, stepping off of the blue mat. He slipped his hoodie on, walking towards the weapons displayed at the other side of the area.

"Never thought you were a vampire." Callum commented, following after him. "I won't be surprised to see your abs twinkling in the moonlight."

Jack raised his eyebrows, silently questioning if he even had abs.

His gaze landed on a machete with a nice pattern.

"Things are getting quite catastrophic for us." Callum said, leaning against the table, careful of the blades.

"I wouldn't use the term catastrophic, that's a word too strong for our situation." Jack stated, his fingers hovering over the engraved design on the metal. Why no one has taken it yet, he doesn't know.

"Well, what would you use for our situation?"

"Maybe, laboriously."

Callum chuckled a bit, his voice going softer than ever. "You're getting talkative."

"People just need to express what's in their mind."

Callum grinned. "Well, what's in your mind?"

The tranquility seemed to get into his head, as he silently gazed at nothing in particular, his hand on the hilt of the weapon he's been engrossing on ever since he layed eyes on it. Perhaps, it was the same ever since he saw Kira.

"Who is that?"

He pointed to the girl the red frowned man carried. Her brown hair covered her eyes, thin body clad in white and dirt.

"Masky hit her with a rock." Sally said, her arm wrapped around her stuffed bear. "I want to play with her, she looks like she doesn't even have fun."

Jack didn't know how she could tell that, but he nodded anyway. He followed the two proxies into the corridor, obviously curious.

"Where do you think she came from?" Masky asked, slipping his mask off as he faced the boy next to him.

"I don't know, but I want to take her kidneys."

He remembered seeing his eyebrow raising at his statement, and he knew that he had said too desperately. But he didn't really want them, he didn't want him knowing that he takes interest on that girl either.