Chapter 48

"JACK!"

"Yes?"

There was a silence that followed.

"I almost got a heart attack there, what happened? Who were you talking to?" Ben's voice seemed to silence the crackling in the background.

"Oh, it was someone who happened to pass by. A civilian, on the phone."

"Jack... Killed him..." Kira decided to join in, smiling, the opposite of the tone she used.

"You Jackass, couldn't wait longer to actually kick butt."

"Wow, what a nice pun." Red chuckled.

"Jeff, you were the one who killed the man who was in the shower."

"Okay guys, we need to focus now. A guy wearing glasses went to the backdoor."

Kira sneaked a glance at the small squad just a few feet away from them. It surprised her that they didn't hear them, despite all of the reckless movements she's been doing.

Just as Ben said, her brother wasn't there with them. The other individual, who wasn't wearing any body armor, watched him.

"Isn't that your brother?" Ben questioned. "I've seen a few pictures of him, don't ask how."

"What Ben meant to say was, he was looking for the right one."

"Now, who gave you the permission to tell her of my bisexuality, Red?"

"You're actually bisexual? Dude..."

"Shut up. He's doing--"

There was an interruption as a strange sound came from the other line, making the others curious.

"Ben, you okay there?" Jeff asked.

" Am I tripping? I must be tripping. Holy balls. This is like when Minecraft servers lag!"

A minute passed and they heard a strangled yelp.

"H-Holy fuck, he's moving so fa-- Why hello there good s-sir!"

"Hello there, Benjamin."

Kira heard voices from the squad.

"Where did you go?!" The man who didn't look like the others exclaimed, growling.

Lana, sis, can you calm your friend down. He just pulled his sword out.

"Ben, calm down please. You might alert the others." She whispered into the comm.

"Calm down?! Kira, this man is a killer! Oh wait... I'm a killer... This guy helped kidnap the others!"

"You do realize that I'm right here..."

Tempus, just do whatever you were going to do. Your squad is getting suspicious.

Easier said than done. Your friend here is amusing, trying to slice me in half. Seriously, this is the one who's supposed to be a swordsman from a game, right?

"Ben, just stop it and I'll-- we'll explain." She quickly added in the last part, sighing.

"But--"

"Ben, just listen to her. We'll explain."

"Guys, he's back and he's opening the door." Red said.

"Oh my god, I just realized that he just left."

Kira heard cackling in her head, making her sigh in relief.