7. Banasur Vadh

10 years passed swiftly.
Today the sun rose with a new brightness, as if a new chapter was going to begin in everyone's life.

A man stood at a hill, his beautiful brown eyes watching the sun rise up.

Sunlight fell on his handsome face highlighting each and every feature delicately as if caressing it

Sunlight fell on his handsome face highlighting each and every feature delicately as if caressing it. Smiling he lifted the kalash in his strong muscular arms and dropped the water while chanting morning prayer. After finishing he touched the kalash to his forehead.

Turning around he started to run, his feet couldn't produce any sound due to his dedicated training, he moved in the forest, between the bushes, along the branches of trees which swayed due to happiness. His well sculpted muscular body was in perfect rythm with his legs which carried him like a cheetah, escaping the jungle in no time.

He reached a path which was surrounded by trees on both the sides. He closed his eyes feeling the cool air as usual. Reaching back to the ashram, he went straight to Purnima kaki and touched her feet.

Purnima :- Ayushman bhava putra.

Karn :- Kaki I should go, gurudev had called me early today.

Purnima :- Ok putra, we will eat together after you come back.

He then went straight towards the cave, inside which was his guru's home.
He entered and saw him sharpening his axe. Karn went and touched his feet.

Parsuram :- Kalyan ho putra. It's good that you came, I wanted to talk to you.

Karn :- Ok gurudev.

Parsuram :- Karn till now I sent you to kill or capture asurs who where either raiding, looting or threatening people

Parsuram :- Karn till now I sent you to kill or capture asurs who where either raiding, looting or threatening people. But now the time has come to test your true potential.

Karn :- I will try my best to stand upto your expectations.

Parsuram :- Then listen to my story carefully. Once an asur named Banasur did penance of Lord Mahadev. Impressed by his devotion Mahadev asked him for his boon. He asked for Mahadev's protection from every opponent of his. Mahadev agreed on one condition that he will not attack Lord Vishnu. Banasur knew his plans will not be completed like this. So he again did heavy penance, this time for Maha Vishnu, and asked him not to attack him at any cost. After getting the boon, he started to wreck havoc everywhere. No one could dare to challenge him as he was protected by Mahadev himself. He did a yagya and was blessed with an extremely beautiful daughter by Devi Prithvi named Suchitra. Devs tried to win his trust by marrying his daughter, knowing intention of devs, he captured her in a prison and guards it himself with his son Kumbhanda. She is a great devotee of lord Vishnu but he couldn't protect her as per the boon.