17. Market Visit

Next morning was not ordinary, everyone was told to be present in the sabha before time.
All the members hurried with training and breakfast to reach sabha.

Karn stood near the entrance as one by one courtiers passed by, some greeting him which he returned.
His eyes searching for a particular person, suddenly Jhanvi came there along with Pallavi.
Karn greeted her.

Jhanvi :- She is my sakhi, Pallavi.

Karn :- Princess of Koshal, Pranipat

Pallavi :- Pranipat.

Jhanvi :- (narrowing her eyes) You both know eachother.

Karn :- We met at the temple yesterday.

Jhanvi :- (to Pallavi) What were you doing at temple ?

Pallavi :- I was just doing my everyday chores....

While they were talking, he noticed Madanjay entering the hall, ignoring him.

Karn :- Madanjay.

Madanjay clenched his fist and slowly turned around as Karn walked upto him.

Karn :- Pranipat.

Madanjay noded his head.

Karn :- I wanted to apologise for what happened yesterday, I acted out of anger. I know that I shouldn't have gone that foreward and I sincerely apologise for my behavior. I will talk to pitamah and suggest him to assign you the post of senapati of Hastinapur army. I will try my best so that it... doesn't happen again.

Saying so, he went towards his seat, Madanjay kept looking at him wide eyed

A smile appeared on Jhanvi's face as she heard his words, she too went towards her seat.

After everyone took their places, dwarpal came to do the announcement.

Dwarpal :- Son of Maharishi Bharadwaj and student of Lord Parsuram, Mahaguru Dronacharya seeks permission to enter rajya sabha along with his son Ashwatthama.

Dhritrashtra :- Send him in with due respect.

Dwarpal noded and went out, guru Dron entered with his son and everyone greeted him.