44. Koshal

A girl was standing beside window, looking at a painting, a circular tray filled with different colours was in her left hand while her right hand holding a brush moved to add a few more stokes.
Her lips curved into a content smile as she finally finished her masterpiece scenery.

Just then she heard some footsteps and turned around.

She is Pallavi, elder Koshal princess.

A tall elderly man entered, wearing black and yellow angvastra, a golden crown adorned his head and a small smile playing on his lips.

Pallavi :- Pitashree.

The man is Maharaj Vaadkshemi, he came and stood next to her, eyeing the painting with wonder.

Vaadkshemi :- You sure have inherited your mother's traits, it seems as if I am looking at a real scenery.

Pallavi :- Thanks, but what about you. I mean seeing your face no one can say that Koshal is going to be attacked by an asur army very soon.

Vaadkshemi :- It's because if people will come to know about it, they'll panic and we can't afford unnecessary troubles. But, there's some good news, Madra Raj Shalya have sent us letter that he will be arriving here with his army, and Maharaj Karn is on his way to Koshal along with Dwarikadheesh Vasudev Krishna.

Pallavi :- Maharaj Karn....

'Jiji, jiji here you are, and I'm searching for you everywhere'

Another girl entered, carrying a plate of sweets, food stains on her lehnga showed that she was trying to cook.

She is Nandita, Pallavi's younger sister.

Nandita :- Pitashree, what are you doing here ? Whatever, first taste this, I've made it myself.

She handed him a piece, urging him to eat, he first took a small bite to make sure it's safe to eat.
But it didn't taste that bad and he could bring a smile on his face.

Vaadkshemi :- Hmmm... certainly better than before, but you need to practice more.

Nandita :- (pouting) Atleast it can be tasted now.