48. Koshal - 2

'Its.... it's my fault, how can I not know'

'Look, I know whatever happened, you were under his illusion...'

'No, how could I not recognise you, we've known each other for ages...'

'Relax, first you listen to me...'

'I can't just....'

Karn found himself in a dark space, he saw a woman walking towards a source of light.

Woman :- I'm sorry arya, I'll have to go.

She had her back towards him so he couldn't see her face, moreover the light was too much for him to even open his eyes properly.

Karn :- Wait... who are you ? How come I became your husband... excuse me....

Before he could ask further, water splashed on his face and he woke up abruptly, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.
Looked around to notice familiar surrounding, he was in a chamber, on bed.

'He's awake, go and inform others'

A maid ran out and he turned to see Raj Vaidhya sitting next to his bed.

Vaidhya :- How are you feeling now, Maharaj ?

Karn :- Hot, I... like I'm burning up.

Vaidhya :- It'll be fine in a few hrs, just take some rest and try not do something that heats up your body again, it might be worse next time.

Karn :- When did I get here ?

Vaidhya :- About a day, your body was literally on fire, but now you seem better, now please excuse me, I may leave

Karn noded and he went out, just then others came in.
Krishna, Shalya, Vaadkshemi, Chitrayu, Chandrakala, Pallavi and Nandita came upto him.

Karn smiled at his friend, who sat beside him.

Krishna :- How you feeling ?

Karn :- I've been better, but still, I'm good.

Shalya :- You had us worried putr, after what your condition was, when we bought you back here.

Karn :- Ya, what about war, what happened there.

He said making everyone chuckle.
Chandrakala caressed his head.

Vaadkshemi :- We won, and all thanks to you... you fought with that mighty asur, defeated and killed him.

Chitrayu :- And the scene there, was beyond any..... haven't seen anything like that before.

Karn :- I too didn't knew how that happened.... I felt powerful, energetic.... as if something inside me has awaken.

Krishna :- It happens, specially when you experience something like that for the first time.

Karn :- Not only me, you should be thankful to Madhav, without my friend, I don't think that would've been possible at all.