53. Surprise Attack

'So you say he's been your foster brother, what difference does it make...'

Sumali looked at him sharply as Amrit shook his head.
Soft rumbling of water flowing rapidly between the rocks mixed with chirping of various birds and woodpecker digging a hole.
Sunlight feel on ground from gap between leaves like white patches.

Shukracharya observed both his students having a rather heated discussion.

Sumali :- You both grew up together, raised by the same mother, loved by same father, you think I don't believe it's more than enough reason for two boys to develop an inseperable brotherly bond.

Amrit :- I think I've told you that a hundred times already, you can think whatever you want for all I care.

Sumali :- And I am supposed to believe that ?

Amrit abruptly stood up and pointed at her, his eyes turning red with fury.

Amrit :- For God's shake I want to kill him the first chance I get!!!!

He turned away, taking a few slow steps.

Amrit :- But that would show me as a coward, the only reason giving me strength to hold back, I want to kill him on the battlefield for everyone to see, so they all can witness my might, from their own very eyes.

Sumali :- Why ? Has something happened between you two ? What is that makes you brothers blood thirsty enemies.

Now was time for him to snap back at her.

Amrit :- What has he done ? Because of him I am nothing but a walking piece of meat among our relatives, anywhere I go, anyone I meet, only one name reaches my ears Vasusen Vasusen and Vasusen!!! Where am I, who am I ?

Sumali :- That couldn't be all.

Amrit :- Yes, that isn't all, just looking at him I start to feel a fire burning inside me. His face awakens such intense hatred within me that if not for my years of training, I would loose my sanity every time I see him smiling. Another reason is.... his wife.

Sumali :- What ? His wife ? What she has to do between you two ?

Amrit :- If I would've known the reason why would I be mentioning her now. I know that he is married to the most beautiful woman of aryavarth, she is the daughter of fire, her beauty is worth dying for, a thousand times over. But when I saw her for the first time, I felt as if I've known her already, as if there's some... short of connection between her and me, it can't be mere imagination that I've seen her in some of my dreams.... weird dreams. There is something that I need to know. But untill then, I always try to avoid them as much as I can.
------------
Malini, who kept listening to their conversation hiding behind a wall, flinched at the words.

Worry lines appeared on her forehead.

'Does Vasusen know this ? What about Radha maa ?... It's definitely not a good sign'