51. Bhanumati's Decision

Bhism :- (sighs) Putr Karn, can you explain your side of story, tell us all truthfully what happened.

Karn :- Pitamah, you really think I would do something like that, you think I will walk around eyeing others' wives. Radha maa didn't raise me up to be someone with that kind of thought process, I will choose to die rather than to do something like that. You can even ask Bhanumati if you don't believe me.

Bhanu smiled sadly.

Bhanu :- Like they would listen to any word I might say.

She said making Kunti and Pallavi glance at each other.

Shakuni :- Putr Karn, still you haven't answered the questions being asked, what were you both doing at other end of the palace, dark corridor, and most importantly, what was she doing in your arms...

Karn stood up angrily and pointed at him.

Karn :- One more time, just one more time you say that and...

Duryodhan :- Or what!!

He too got up glaring at his elder cousin.

Duryodhan :- If Mamashree puts foreward this question what would you do, you think you can do anything and I'm gonna just sit here and watch.

Karn :- Is that a warning or something I need to be afraid of ?

Bhism :- Sit down both of you, I remind you both that we all have gathered here to talk this through... peacefully.

Kunti :- Yes putr, please sit down, just answer the question and everything will be clear.

Gandhari :- You too Duryodhan, sit down, we're not here to create any scene.

Duryodhan :- What do you expect me to do Mata, this bastard standing in front of me is trying to be a third person in my private life and I just sit here and stay calm. I want to beat the life out of him and throw his rotting body in the rat cave...

Pallavi clutched the edge of her seat tightly, feeling her blood boil at her husband's insult.

Karn :- For God's sake I don't know what do you all mean to say, I am not any third person in anyone's marriage, I haven't been eyeing anyone's wife. And if you want to justify your conscience, I'm right here in front of you, if you can try and beat me, but I must warn you it's a no win game.

Now Krishna and Dussasan came and stood between the two, urging them both back to their seats.

Krishna :- Bhrata Duryodhan and bhrata Karn, this talk can be done without all these misbehaving.

Dron :- I agree with Vasudev, although I know I don't have any right to interfere in this family conflict, still, being you teacher, atleast I can advise both of you to respect the elders sitting here.

Karn took a deep breath and shook his head.

Karn :- Yeah, I'm sorry acharya.

He went back to his seat, Dussasan somehow managed to make his elder brother sit.