14. Strange pair of eyes

Sun rose with a new charm, adding to the beauty of nature.
Subhadra woke up, stretching and yawning, she rubbed her eyes and sat up.
'You're late' a voice informed her. She turned to see her sister sitting in front of mirror, adjusting her dress.

Subhadra :- Can I ask for whom is all this makeup and that too so early ?

Jhanvi :- Looks like my little sister will remain dumb, don't you remember what bua said, today everyone has to be present in the rajya sabha. Now only half an hour is left, I thought to go and help bua in preparations.

Subhadra :- (getting up from bed) Why didn't you wake me up then, I need to hurry. I'm gonna be late for sure.

Jhanvi :- No one's gonna eat you up for a few minutes, so relax, I thought to let you rest as you were sleeping so peacefully.

Subhadra :- I was tired last night, we didn't realise it got pretty late while practicing dance.

Jhanvi :- It's okay, I am going, get ready and meet me in the hall.

Saying so, she went away, closing the door behind her.

Rajya sabha was going to begin in a few minutes, Subhadra hurriedly walked through the corridor, she had to reach the hall on time.
As she was about to walk down the stairs, her feet slipped and she fell down, at the same moment Arjun passed by, his eyes widened but before he could do anything, she fell upon him and due to jerk their lips met each other's. Both got shocked at what happened, they stood numb for a moment, she regained her senses, got up and apologized. Arjun smiled akwardly, unable to comprehend what just happened, 'did she kiss him, no, that was mere accident but how did she fell down'.

She couldn't look him in the eyes due to embarrassment and turned to leave but got shocked again.
Her elder sister and Pallavi stood, open mouthed, they too were unable to believe what just happened.

Pallavi :- I... think... we.... came at the wrong moment, (holding Jhanvi's hand) lets go.

She dragged Jhanvi away, who was still wondering about what she saw. Subhadra cursed the timing, now her elder sister will not leave a single chance to tease her.

She left immediately, Arjun too walked away thinking of an excuse to give if someone asks what happened.

Rajya sabha was set, all the courtiers were present, members of royal family occupied their seats.
Very front, in the center was the throne, occupied by Dhritrashtra, Sanjay stood beside to narrate everything.
On his left was the seat of Gandhar Raj Shakuni, beside him sat his dearest nephew Duryodhan, other Kauravs were behind them.
Right side starts with Vidur, then Bhisma, Pandavs sat beside him.
Other courtiers sat further ahead, on both sides, leaving a straight path till the entrance.
Second floor was occupied by the ladies, Kunti sat with Gandhari to explain her the proceedings. Jhanvi sat with her sister and sakhis.

But aside all this, there was something strange.
Pandu's bow was kept on a table, in the center. Everyone except Kunti and Bhisma wondered what was going to happen and why everyone needed to be present all of a sudden.