16. Night Stroll

The sunlight fell on his face making it glow twice than usual. A pair of muscular hands dropped the water from kalash and touched it to his forehead.

He turned around only to find his Pitamah waiting for him to finish

He turned around only to find his Pitamah waiting for him to finish. He smiled before touching his feet.

Bhisma :- Kalyan ho putra. You pray everyday in the morning ?

Karn :- Got used to it, have been praying since I was 5. You here at this time ?

Bhisma :- I came here to meet my mother.

Karn :- Maha mata Ganga, can I also meet her please.

Bhisma :- ( chuckles ) Ok putra, come with me.

He moves foreward and closes his eyes. Suddenly devi Ganga emerges from water, both of them greet her.

 Suddenly devi Ganga emerges from water, both of them greet her

Bhisma :- Mata, meet my eldest grand nephew, Vasusen.

Ganga :- Oh, you are the same baby boy whom I left with Radha.

Karn :- You know me mata!

Ganga :- ( smiles ) I am your great grandmother putra, I know everyone who comes to me for help and who could forget you, blessing of Suryadev, you are born for great works.

Bhisma :- Putra, can you give us a moment, I need to talk to her, you can go and join your brothers, they are at the arena.

Karn noded and turned to go when devi Ganga stopped him.

Ganga :- Wait putra, I want to tell you something.

Karn :- What is it ?

Ganga :- Putra, coming time can be tough, but remember one thing, you are the eldest of your brothers, your role is of the head of family, never retreat from your role only because you feel you are not capable, you are born for this.

Karn didn't understand but noded and went away.
Reaching the chamber he changed his clothes then went towards arena. After a few minutes, he got lost, not knowing where to go.

He was hurriedly walking through the corridor when he felt a piece of cloth covering his face and someone bumped onto him.

Jhanvi was observing the intricate designs carved on walls, suddenly a wind blew and her utariya flew off her shoulders, her eyes widened and she ran to catch it, but next moment she got bumped and lost her balance.
Closing her eyes she waited to hit the ground but instead a warm muscular hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her to a broad chest.
She slowly opened her eyes and saw her utariya was hiding a face.