52. Was It A Sin ?

You walked into my life like you always lived here, like my heart was a home built just for you.
------------

A lady is seen standing near her bed, clutching the white bedsheet that covered her figure, with a horrified look on her face.

Two identical looking men glared at each other while one had a slight smirk on his face, other had his eyes fuming red.

'Arya... you here ? Who's he then ?'

'Don't you... recognise me priye... I'm... I'm your husband... you should ask him... who are you ?'

'What are you doing here then ?'

'I'm here... spending time with my wife'

'Ain't it the time for your penance ?'

'I wouldn't miss it for the world'

As he laughed, other man took some water from his kamandal, chanted a mantra and splashed it on the other, who screamed in pain as his illusion burned, turning him back to demon form, who attacked him the next moment.

Karn woke up with a jerk, sweating profusely and panting breaths. He rubbed his eyes before taking in, the surrounding.

Curtains fluttered in the cool breeze as chirping of birds filled the air with a new energy

Calmness engulfing the atmosphere as sunrise still an hour away.

Flickering light in lamp barely made any difference in the dimly lit room, as only light that entered was through gap between curtains.

'Arya'

He felt a soft palm on his shoulder, Draupadi looked at him with consern, rubbing his back a little.

Draupadi :- Are you fine arya ? You were mumbling something in your sleep ? What was it ? A bad dream ?

She said forewarding a glass of water that he gladly accepted and took a few gulps.

He closed his eyes taking some long deep breaths to calm the anxiety.

Draupadi :- How do you feel ?

Karn :- Fine I guess. I... I don't know if it was a good or a bad one, but whatever it was, I was actively involved.

Draupadi :- Is there something disturbing you ?

Karn :- I have no clue, and it's also not the first time I experienced such a dream. I... I've seen it before, a lady was apologising to man and walked towards a source of light, then vanished along with it, I couldn't see their faces but... it's seemed as if none of them were happy with it.

Draupadi recalled her own dream which she saw a few days ago.

'Did he see the same dream ? But how's that possible ?'

She shrugged it off to focus on her husband, who wiped his sweat, got up and went to the curtains, pushing them open to allow the morning light to enter.