27. It's just the start

Sun slowly rose through the horizon, spreading light and showering new hopes for upcoming day.

Radha was busy preparing breakfast for her husband and son, who had to leave for their jobs.
Suddenly a pair of hands covered her eyes, she smiled and shook her head.

Radha :- Vasu, how many times I'll have to tell you not to disturb me when I'm busy. Remove your hands so I can finish with this.

Karn removed his hands and leaned on the shelf kept aside.

Karn :- Radha maa, how do you come to know its me, I didn't speak or made any sound.

She ruffled his hair.

Radha :- Because except you or Shivangi, no one else does it. So, why here, did you see her again ?

He looked at his mother with plain shock reflecting on his face.
Radha noticed his expressions and chuckled.

Karn :- Maa, how it's possible that you know everything before I can even open my mouth.

Radha :- I'm your mother, I raised you from when you were just a new born baby. I know you more than you know about yourself.

Karn :- Hmmm... Then you've got a tough competitor I guess, Suchitra too knows such things which I don't even have any idea of.

Radha :- Like ?

Karn :- Like..... Like I have a part of my god father's enormous energy stored inside.

He reached his hand around his neck but to his surprise, pendant was missing.

'Must've left in the room' he thought.

Radha :- Okay okay, you can go and mess around with your sister, I need to prepare it soon.

Karn :- Oh, actually I came here to tell you we'll be leaving for Varnavrat, today.

Radha :- We ?

Karn :- I mean mata Kunti, I and brothers.

Radha :- I see, any special occasion ?

Karn :- Ya, a yagya is organised every year in memories of pitashree and choti maa and some chilling vacation.

Radha :- Enjoy your vacation then.

She continued her work for a few minutes, when her eyes fell on her son, he was probably figuring something out.

Radha :- Not getting late now, are you ?

Karn :- One more thing I wanted to say...... maa, please talk to Amrit.

Radha stopped her work for a moment and turned to him.

Karn :- I tried but he won't listen to me, neither will he talk to pitashree, but he needs to understand that he's getting himself in the wrong direction, this path will lead him to noting but trouble. His mentality and actions if not stopped will one day make both of us fight....... (sighs) upto death....