39. Khandavprasth

Treta yug,
Ayodhya,

Bharat stood by the railing, looking at the clear twinkling sky, a pair of hands wrapped around him from behind

He wanted to turn around and embrace her but she tightened the hug when he tried so.

Bharat :- Mandavi....

Mandavi :- Shhh.... no need to say anything or move, cannot we spend a moment in silence, savouring this delight. How much I've waited for this moment.

Bharat :- 14 years I guess.

He slowly turned around and cupped her face, looking into her beautiful eyes, he softly kissed her forehead.

Bharat :- All these years, wern't easy without you, it....

Mandavi :- It felt like I was in an open prison, where I was just left to wander helplessly, I was breaking from inside but had to pretend to be strong, I had to suffer silently and make sure others don't have to, it....

He kept a finger on her lips.

Bharat :- It felt as if I am breathing, but no longer alive, I could see things but already blind, my body did all the everyday chores but lost the soul.

She smiled through moist eyes and slightly quivering lips, they hugged each other safely in their protective embrace.

Mandavi :- Swami.

Bharat :- Hmmm....

Mandavi :- I need a promise.

Bharat :- Whatever you say...

Mandavi :- Then promise, you'll always be there for me, always love me like you do.

Bharat :- There's no need for this Mandavi, you reside in my heart, whether or not I am with you, no matter where I am, how I am, I just have to close my eyes and you'll be in front me. And I promise, I will love you till my last breath, in my next birth, and in any life I am going to be born, I'll be incomplete without you.

He lifted her up in his arms and moved inside, closing the curtains behind.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Present,
Dwapar yug,

Karn touched Kunti's feet, she caressed his head as a tear rolled down her eye.

Kunti :- Not only of yourself but your brothers too, they are now your responsibility.

Other 5 came and stood beside him.

Nakul :- Don't worry mata, we will take care of each other.

Arjun :- We will fight alongside each other.

Bheem :- We will protect each other.