55. Trouble Everywhere

'Didn't we had a deal with Maharaj Chitrangad, has he completely forgotten the discussed points. I tried to put up with his earlier indiscretions but this is now high time'

Bheem, Sahdev, Karn, Draupadi and Pristi sat around a circular table, debating on immediate measures required to resolve the conflict between Anga and Manipur.

Bheem :- Saw him for the first time I already guessed he ain't the one keeping up with his promises.

Pristi :- Every now and then, his border post guards enter our territory to take a note of our security measures, but when confronted, they act like lost villagers who lost their trail back home.

Karn :- Did you send a complaint letter to Maharaj Chitrangad ?

Pristi :- I did but apparently he doesn't care or is himself involved because reply never came and we really can't afford a war right now.

Karn sighed deeply, nodding in acceptance.

Draupadi :- He really has some big nerves breaching all the negotiation points so balantly. As it was decided he won't disturb neighbouring territories.

Sahdev :- Except in circumstances of an approaching threat. Does any similar situation exists between two kingdoms.

Pristi :- No, moreover we don't want any conflict or tension, just want to be left alone to recover the losses.

Draupadi :- Then what's his problem ?

Karn :- His daughter.

All eyes turned up at him.

Karn :- I think he has some issues with his daughter, I don't remember her name but the one who acted like a maniac...

Bheem :- Yeah, who walked around in war armour, whose voice had turned horase due to trying to talk like a man.

He chuckled along with Sahdev.

Sahdev :- I think she fancied being a man, probably got the wrong genes.

Draupadi shook her head at them.

Karn :- Yeah whatever, she is the one to instigate him all the time, and I won't be suprised at all if she is behind this too.

Draupadi :- What should we do arya ?

Pristi :- Maharaj, Indraprasth is probably our last hope, please consider this request.

Closing his eyes to think for a moment, Karn then looked at his younger brothers, who sat expecting a command.

Karn :- Bheem, can you give a visit to Maharaj Chitrangad and try talking to him.

Bheem :- I doubt if it'll make any difference but, there's no harm trying either, so I will.

Karn :- Good, take Arjun along with you, and make him understand, peacefully if you can and forcefully if you have to.