56. Misunderstanding

A new day at Indraprasth started with rush, workers running around preparing for the departure of princes and queen for their respective journeys.
Gathered near the palace gate, brothers shared some small talk and teasing.

Yudhisthir touched Karn's feet, who smiled and pulled him in a hug.

Karn :- Always stay blessed dear brother.

He then turned to his wife, Maharani of Indraprasth, standing next to him.

Karn :- Please, be safe.

Draupadi :- I will arya, no need to worry too much.

Karn :- I know, I just can't help it... you should leave early, Sivi is far off and it's better to reach before sunset.

Draupadi :- You too take care arya.

He gave her a reassuring nod and patted Yudi's back, escorting them towards their chariots

Draupadi looked back at her husband with confusion when she noticed Kapi Dhwaj resting next to Yudhisthir's chariot.

Draupadi :- What's your chariot doing here arya ? And where's my palki.

Karn :- My love, you are not only my wife, but also Maharani of Indraprasth, wherever you go, you represent this kingdom and its people. And so, let Kapi Dhwaj do its job.

She gave him a side hug and nod before taking her seat on the chariot. A group of horse riders surrounded the chariots and Yudhisthir signalled them to leave.
And with snapping of whips, horses ran ahead, driving the chariots along.

'Jeysth'

Turning to face his other 4 younger brothers, Karn did fold his arms, watching them amused.

Karn :- I see, you all seem rather excited for your journeys.

Nakul :- I wanted to go with bhrata Yudhisthir... but, Sahdev's gonna need my help.

He said grinning at his younger brother, who raised his eyebrows at him.

Sahdev :- I never said that, neither did I stop you.

Nakul :- Oh come on, I've seen you grow up, I know what you want or what not.

Sahdev :- I'm surprised you were the only one who didn't remember my birthday.

Arjun and Bheem laughed at this, Karn shook his head.

'They'll never grow up'

He thought and looked at other two.

Karn :- What about you two ?

Arjun :- I've heard that there is a temple of Mata Annapurna on the way to Manipur, so why not go there and seek blessing.

Karn :- Hmmm... great!

Pristi came towards them followed by a few servants carrying Vikram on a stretcher, making the brothers glance at each other.

Karn :- What happened to this guy ?