24. Abducted

Bhanu slightly raised her head and glanced at him.
Karn gulped in nervousness as she approached him step by step, she lowered her eyes as her cheeks started turning pink.
Chitrangadh and Shalya smiled knowingly at her choice.
Karn tried to step back but his feets were hitting the sofa behind.

She stood right in front of him with a garland, as she was about to place it around his neck, a tug on her waist pulled her aside.
For a moment, everyone was too shocked to react.

Bhanu somehow freed herself and looked aside to see Duryodhan glaring at her.

Duryodhan :- How dare you walk past me ? You are mine, only mine.

He forcefully held her hand and started dragging her.

Bhanu :- Leave me, what are you doing...

She tried desperately to free herself but his grip was too strong.
Suddenly Karn came in front.

Karn :- What are you doing anuj ? Leave her hand, this is not the way things are done...

Before he could say further, all other participants stood up with weapons.

Vakra :- It's a crime. This is an abduction.

Duryodhan :- Whatever you wanna call it, Bhanumati will be my wife, she will be married to me, Duryodhan. Stop me if you can.

All were ready to attack but Karn's voice stopped them.

Karn :- Wait!

He turned to Duryodhan and kept a hand on his shoulder.

Karn :- Duryodhan, listen to me, I know you love her but this is not the right way, leave her hand. Let me talk to elders, we'll figure something out....

Duryodhan :- No, I don't want to waste any more time in these things, I am taking her with me and she will marry me.

He was about to go but Karn held his hand.

Karn :- You said both of you are in love with each other, was that....

Duryodhan smirked at him.

Karn was shocked inside out, Duryodhan jerked his hand and walked away.

But Midrashrava was standing there with a sword, Duryodhan laughed and gestured towards Amrit, who had an arrow pointing straight at his neck.