46. Mayalok

Asur :- Please, please believe me, other than Maharaj, no one knows about his place of doing yagya, that's why he sent his magical chariot along, so that she would be taken directly to him.

Vaadkshemi :- How will we find her now ? My daughter.... where is she....

Nandita :- Pitashree, please control yourself, only then we can think of something to save her.

Karn sat on a rock as Raj vaidhya applied some medicine on the cut on his chest and wrapped a bandage around it.

Bodies of dead asurs were lying all over the garden, injured soldiers sitting on ground and rest made sure no one else was left.

Chitrayu :- Listen, I'm asking you for one last time, where is she, or else I'll show you how hell looks like.

Asur :- I.... I told you.... everything I knew.... I don't know anything.... else

Chitrayu hit him with the back of his sword, knocking him unconscious.

He groaned angrily and began pacing back and forth, tapping his feet on ground.

Shalya :- Putr, we need to think with a calm mind, this unnecessary aggression will give nothing....

Chitrayu :- What else do you expect me to do kakashree, I can't just sit here and relax, knowing my sister is with them.

Shalya :- I know that, and I'm not telling you to relax, I'm telling you to think with a sincere mind.

Chitrayu :- Oh, so now we should call upon a meeting, put foreward the discussions, do the voting, while my sister is given as sacrifice in a stupid yagya!

Nandita :- Jeysth, please calm down, kakashree is saying that for our own benefit, we need to figure out a plan and that can only be done....

Chitrayu :- I just can't calm down, how can I....

Karn :- Oh just SHUT UP!

He stood up and went in front of Chitrayu.

Karn :- What ha ? Feeling angry ? Wanna fight ? Come on then, fight me first. You think Dantvatra is a stupid, that he'll bring her back, fall at your feets and beg forgiveness ? You think if he was in front of you, you would've killed him ? And if you would, why didn't you do it in battle today, where were you when he came to the battlefield. Don't make me loose my temper or I'll be many times worse than him.

Vaadkshemi :- Please don't fight among each other, maharathi Karn, I apologise on my son's behalf.

Karn :- You don't need to apologise Maharaj. (glaring at Chitrayu) Don't ever talk to Mamashree like that, I won't tolerate it again.

'For once, just for once when I choose to relax and take a nap, everything goes off the rails'

All the heads snapped towards its source only to notice Krishna standing there with a mischievous smile.
Karn ran towards him.