28. Awantika

Sunlight peeked in through a small gap between curtains and fell on a fair skinned face resting on a pillow.
Eyelids squeezed tightly before fluttering open to reveal a pair of jet black eyes whose gaze lingered all around.

A beautiful girl sat up and touched the cut on forehead.
She looked around to find herself in a tent, her clothes were changed to a light suit, bandages sticking on her arms and left shoulder.

'Where the hell I am ? Seems to be any refugee camp'

She thought and noticed a dagger kept beside her bed.
Removing the blanket, she took it and got up only to fall back on bed with a thud.
She bit her lower lip hoping no one had heard or noticed anything, then touched her knees which hurt like hell.

'I shouldn't have jumped, stupid moron tricked us well'

She got up slowly, balancing her weight, pain in the knees and wound was unbearable but she needed to know what place is this.
Barely able to walk, she tilted the curtain and glanced out.

A man stood near the tent, enjoying fruit salad while keeping an eye on others.

Nakul was having his breakfast as his brothers scanned the dead bodies found near river, where he came across the girl yesternight.

'She must've been awake by now'

He was going to turn but felt a cold sharp blade near his neck.

'Don't move'

Came the voice from behind.
He left the plate and slowly raised his hands.

Nakul :- Listen devi, you're mistaken, I ain't here to hurt you.

Girl :- Shut up, I didn't told you to say anything yet, hand me your weapon.

Nakul :- Devi, it's already with you....

Girl :- Don't try to fool me, I said jus....

'How about you do that first'

Girl felt a sword placed at the back of her neck.
She tried to tighten her grip around Nakul's neck.

Karn :- Don't, Don't even think of it, that's a bad idea. Hand me down your weapon and step aside.

Girl wanted to slap her forehead at this foolishness, she should've noticed him standing nearby.

Karn :- Didn't you heard what I said, your dagger on my hand, right NOW!

Others came running as they heard his voice and got alarmed at the scene.
Girl felt the pain in knees slowly becoming unbearable, but she had to get answers.

'Putra Karn, what is all this, calm down, let me talk'

Everyone's head snapped towards Kunti, who came at the scene as she saw the crowd gathering near her tent.
Karn slowly lowered his sword and glared at the girl.