47. Dantvatra Vadh

Dantvatra :- O Panch Mahabhutas, I Asur Raj Dantvatra, gives you my most valuable sacrifice, the thing I wanted the most in my life, elder Koshal princess, Pallavi. Please accept this sacrifice and grant me the powers.

Karn tried to walk but fell down, groaning as he applied his strength to break the restraints.
Dantvatra smiled evilly and offered her to the flame of yagya.

But, something unexpected happened, instead to getting consumed by the flame of yagya, she was thrown away and flame in hawan kund became dim.
A very dense smoke came out and formed a ghostly shadow.

Shadow :- Dantvatra! You have insulted the pious flame of this yagya by trying to give a sacrifice worth nothing.

Dantvatra :- No... I... she is one I wanted, and she is the only one for whom I acquired all these powers for, I wanted to show everyone how powerful I am, no one can stand against me.

 she is one I wanted, and she is the only one for whom I acquired all these powers for, I wanted to show everyone how powerful I am, no one can stand against me

Shadow :- Fool, this yagya asks you to give up your weakness, the most important thing for you. Without which/whom, you wouldn't have been able to become who you are, who played the most important role in your life.

Dantvatra kicked a stone nearby and gritted his teeth, but then his eyes fell on his wife, who sat near her brother, trying to keep him awake.
Realisation dawned upon him that she is the one who helped him acquire all these powers, how she encouraged him to get up again, kill Asur Raj Shanku to get his throne and army.

'Yes, she is the most important person of my life'

He ran upto her and caught her hand.

Dantvatra :- Sumali, my dear wife, you love me so much, you promised me that you will be there with me in all the difficult times. Now the time has come to fulfill your promise, don't worry about your brother, he will live. Please Sumali, your sacrifice will complete this yagya, come with me.

She jerked his hand away and took a few steps back.

Sumali :- What do you mean by that arya.... how can I.... I can't just give up my soul to those demons.

Dantvatra :- Please.... my dear wife... can't you do atleast this for me.... think about it Sumali, I will get all the powers, invincible in three worlds, and all that because of your sacrifice.

She slapped him tightly on his right cheek.

Sumali :- I am not your slave to obey everything you say.

Dantvatra :- You bi***!!!! How dare you say that.

He caught her hand, pulling her along.

Dantvatra :- You will do whatever I say, you will have to.