37. Karn Draupadi's Marriage

Meanwhile near the forest at Pandavs home.

Kunti had already completed her puja and was waiting for her sons. Sighed in relief on seeing her sons approaching, they were carrying a huge bag, it means they have got enough today, but she couldn't see her eldest anywhere.
Pandavs touched Kunti's feet and she blessed them.

Sahdev :- Mata, see we have got enough bhiksha, but keep it safe from bhrata Bheem otherwise it will be over soon.

Bheem :- Mata, tell Sahdev to stop before I hit him hard.

Kunti :- (smiles) Sahdev, he is your elder brother, my son looks so tired, today a big meal for you all.

Arjun :- Bhrata Yudhisthir, we should head back.

Kunti :- Where you all are going immediately, and where are Karn and Awantika, they also went with you all.

Nakul :- Mata some brahmins were requesting us to attend the swayamvar of Panchal princess so they stayed back and told us to return after giving you all this.

Kunti :- Then you should all hurry, I know Karn, he will not sit in one place quietly for long, go and bring him back before he creates any problem there.

Bheem :- We will mata don't worry.

All noded and left.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Back at the swayamvar sabha,

Brahmins danced in happiness, elderly ones blessed the couple, praising him.

Suddenly the Pinak in his hand rose in the air, all watched in surprise as it broke and vanished.
Karn just stood, numb to react, a priest came forward.

Priest :- Objective of this dhanush has been completed, so it vanished automatically. Like the Shiv dhanush in mata Sita's swayamvar broke and vanished at the hands of Sri Ram, the sole purpose of that dhanush was to find the right person destiny had chosen.

Hearing to his words, Karn glanced at Draupadi, who looked equally surprised.

'Companion for your journey will be someone else'.

'Was she talking about this ?'

He thought confused.

All the kings and princes were angry, and resented at the show.

Rukmi :- Maharaj Drupad, if you had to marry your daughter to a brahmin then why did you invite us here, just to humiliate us and send us back, I will not let it happen, either she will marry one of us or she will be thrown in fire.

Shakuni :- How can a princess born from fire, live with a brahmin ?

Vikram :- You are born to sit on the throne decorated with diamonds and jewels.

Duryodhan and Shakuni sat with a winning smile, didn't even need to interfere.