59. Evil Never Prevails

Tik' 'Tik' 'Tik'... footsteps echoed down the corridor as Narkasur went for a walk in his palace.

When he approached a chamber, two guards were standing there with their heads bowed, and he could hear objects being smashed against the walls.

He stepped inside, pushing the large wooden doors open with his strong hands, to find his baby sister struggling with her ankle cuffs.

Suchitra tried everything she could to break free from the cuff-like thing on her ankle that was preventing her from using her magic.

Narkasur :- Well, nice try, but it's not breaking. Why waste your magic on pointless things when you can use it for much more? Imagine, sister, how we could rule this world with the help of your magic and my strength. No one would dare to oppose us.

Suchitra :- Jeysth, I'm not going to do anything you're telling me; anything going through your head is not going to work. You are aware of...

Narkasur :- I'm very well aware. After taking down the entire army of Gods, I'm standing here. All they could do was stand and watch as I grabbed their entire herd of four-tusked elephants, Varun's banner, and their mother Aditi's jewellery. You still believe that I am a dreamer?

Suchitra :- Do you realise that you are a monster? All you carry with you is your desire for power; you don't carry any mercy, love, or respect. Do you possess any traits that would qualify you for this power ?

Narkasur :- It's not a question of whether or not I'm qualified. I already have this ability. The question is whether you will assist me with it.

Suchitra :- And you already know the answer.

Narkasur :- You don't have faith in your brother? I swear I will not touch any of your family members, not your husband, his brothers, or anyone else. Why will I hurt my sister ? Or, if I had wanted to, I could have done it with the snap of my fingers.

Suchitra :- My husband... his brothers ?... how do you know him ?

Narkasur :- In the same manner that I know you, in the same way that you know me

Narkasur :- In the same manner that I know you, in the same way that you know me. I am aware that he was just banished for seven years.

Suchitra :- Seven years of exile...

He began to pace back and forth.

Narkasur :- Unlucky boy, he didn't deserve it, but that's what happened, can't change it. But there is one thing that can be changed: his safety. You want him to be okay, don't you?

Suchitra :- You can't do anything to him even if you wanted to. He is endowed with unbreakable armour that shields him at all times.

Narkasur:- I'm just saying, that armour only protects him; it doesn't make him immortal.

She simply turned to face the opposite direction without saying anything.
Narkasur clenched his fist, his patience dwindling.

Narkasur:- It doesn't mean I can't do it if I talk nicely and behave well. I am far worse than you can imagine. And, you know what, I believe you require some incentive. Sister, come with me.