38. Hastinapur Division

Once upon a time,

In a cold, dark, rotting prison, sat the Gandhar prince. Flies buzzing over his smelly, soiled, shoulder length hair, shackles digging on his right ankle, but it didn't seem to bother him, he was now used to it.
Only source of light was a small hole at a corner of ceiling, broken nails and bleeding fingers helped him keep awake. Stomach kept growling but he didn't dare to eat.
A handful of rice in a bowl rested in front of him, but it wasen't just a bowl of rice, it was the lives of all his family members, who sacrificed to let him live.
Only thing roaming in his mind was a image, a middle aged man stood in front of his eyes, wearing a white crown, angvastra and dhoti.
Gangaputra Devvrath, the sole reason for his family's destruction, because of his so called proposal to marry his blind nephew to Gandhari.
Untill then, he just prayed for his sister's happiness, but no more.
Now the only reason for his existence is destruction of kuru vansh, specially Gangaputra Devvrath.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It's said that morning brings a new ray of hope in everyone's lives, but it also introduces us with many unseen challenges, same was the case with Pandav family.
Day started with rush all around, everyone was busy with the preparation for bride's vidaii.

Chariots were ready, all family members stood at the Palace entrance, bidding farewell.

Draupadi hugged her family members and cried as tears flowed from her eyes, it was the first time she was going away from her family.

Karn stood at a corner, lost in his own thoughts, looked up when felt a hand caressing his head, Vidur smiled at him.

Vidur :- Where are you lost putra ?

Karn :- Kakashree, I was wondering, what will I say to pitamah, I mean.... he must be hurt by the news of us dissapearing, what will I explain him.

Vidur :- Just tell him that the eldest prince is now married, all his pains will vanish within seconds.

Karn noded with a sigh, Drupad came upto him.

Drupad :- Putra, please take care of my daughter, if she commits any mistake, forgive her as she is still naive, she didn't had her childhood so she still lacks the experience of life, I am handing her responsibility to you.

Karn :- Don't worry pitashree, I will do my best to perform my duty as a husband, I will stand by her side no matter what.

They both hugged. Six brothers touched the feet of elderly and soon the chariots departed.

Chariot on the very front was occupied by Vidur and Karn, behind them were Kunti and Draupadi, followed by Yudhisthir and Krishna, while rest were on horses.
-----------------------------------------------------------
At the Palace,

Shakuni had manipulated Dhritrashtra to crown his son as the king, he knew that, if the news of Karn being alive spread, his nephew will no longer be the crown prince, ceremony was decided and he made sure it happens soon as possible.

Duryodhan was very angry, he somehow managed to become the crown prince but those Pandavs turned out to be alive, he now wanted to be the king before they returned.

Amrit felt ashamed of himself, his elder brother again managed to escape, he just wanted to defeat his elder brother at any cost, and can go to any lengths to do it.

Dhritrashtra noticed a change in his son's behaviour all of a sudden, he just wanted his son's happiness so he agreed to crown his son the king.