25. Fire Borns

Two weeks passed since Bhanu's marriage with Duryodhan.

All the princesses returned to their respective kingdoms one by one.

Arjun went to Dwarika with Subhadra and Jhanvi, where he met Krishna and helped him abduct Rukmini.

Bheem started to supervise royal workers, Nakul and Sahdev inspected medicines produced and other medical items manufactured.

Yudhisthir mostly used to be with Bhisma and Vidur, helping them with disputes over various topics.

Karn was in Ahichchhatra (Ashwatthama's capital), helping Dron with registration of people shifting there and reconstruction of village layouts, defence strategy etc.

In a room,
Sat Shakuni, rolling a dice on dyut table while Duryodhan was pacing around, Dussasan sat on sofa, sipping wine.

Duryodhan looked at his uncle and brother, who were just chilling as if there was nothing to do.

Duryodhan :- Mamashree, those Pandavs there are slowly becoming public figures, and you here are just sitting, wasting time in this useless thing.

Shakuni :- No mere bhanje, (raising his dices) this is my army, dyut is my Brahmastra and when his weapon will be unleashed, Pandavs will be burned like a chicken frying on a stove.

Duryodhan :- So when will you unleash your weapon.

Shakuni rolled the dice on table, it showed 12 and suddenly the gates opened.
A middle aged man with long beard entered the chamber, his clothes signified him to be an architect.

Shakuni :- (without turning) Welcome Purochan.

Purochan :- Pranipat Gandhar Raj, prince Duryodhan

Duryodhan :- Who are you ? How can you come here.....

Shakuni :- Relax bhanje, I called him here. So, how is the preparations going on Purochan.

Purochan :- It's going on really fast, palace will be ready in next 15 days.

Duryodhan :- Palace ? Preparations ? 15 days ?

Shakuni :- You remember bhanje, your pitashree goes to Varnavrat every year for a special yagna in the memory of his late younger brother.

Duryodhan :- Yes but what about that ?

Shakuni :- This time I convinced him to sent Pandavs and their mother as Karn is the eldest son, it's his responsibility to complete this yagna and they will get some time to spend with each other, like a vacation.

Duryodhan :- So you've planned to send them away.

Shakuni starts laughing.

Shakuni :- Yes, I have planned to send them away..... forever. And for this I have odered to create a special palace for them.