Childhood Friends

Jinnie and Kookie.
Kookie and Jinnie.

Their friendship started when they were practically babies. They were neighbors and their parents were best friends. They often have lunches and dinners over each other's house, so naturally, Jinnie and Kookie both grew closer too.

"Jinnie Hyung, let's play!" shouted four year old Kookie one day when he visited Jinnie's house.

"Okay, Kookoo, what do you want to play?" Jinnie, who's a few months older, sweetly asked him.

"Anything! Everything!" The little boy said enthusiastically.
"Can we play with your Mario plushies, Hyung?"

Little Jinnie seems a bit hesitant as they were his most favorite toys and his absolute treasure. But he knew even then that he couldn't resist the little boy's big doe eyes and sighed, "Alright, Kookie, we can play with them. Just promise me that you'll take care of them, okay?"

The little boy squealed in delight upon hearing that Jin allowed him to play with his plushies. He knew how important they were to his Hyung and he just wanted to test if his Hyung will let him play with them.

They played and played for hours until they both got tired and fell asleep on Jinnie's bed.

When their mothers went to Jinnie's room to get the boys to eat dinner, they cooed at the lovely sight. Kookie was sleeping on his side snuggling close to his favorite Hyung, and Jinnie with his little chubby arms protectively across Kookie's waist. The mothers captured the moment with their phones, and started joking that they'd make the boys marry each other when they both become of age.

Jinnie was eight years old when he decided he wanted to become a chef. He enrolled in a local restaurant's program that would teach young children the basics of cooking and serving food. Jin was a charming and friendly young boy and it came as no surprise that he befriended all his classmates and even the restaurant staff.

Kookie witnessed how the other kids were all over his Jinnie Hyung and he tried his best to tell this to his Jinnie to which the older said while chuckling, "Oh, Kookie, you don't need to be jealous of them, you are my most favorite person in the whole world!"

"Really, Hyung?" He beamed.

"Yes, Kookie. I promise to always stay by your side and take care of you, forever."