Saved

Taehyung came back to Seoul exactly after a year, as he promised. He didn't know how much he longed for the hustle and bustle until his feet landed in the city. He also felt lighter than he did compared to the time he came back for a short while almost a year ago.

He remembered Jin. His heart ached at the thought of the man. He knew he hurt him badly. He didn't realize how much he needed him in his life until a month after their break up. He came back to Korea to win him back, but when he saw him with Jungkook, laughing freely and smiling genuinely, he knew he already lost Jin. Forever.

He tried to move on by drowning himself with work. But no matter how busy he was, at the end of the day, it was Jin's voice he always longed to hear and Jin's face he longed to see. But there's nothing he can do now. He lost his chance. He smiled bitterly at the thought. He was stupid for choosing the company over Jin. He was just like Jungkook, taking Jin for granted thinking he'll stick around. But unlike Jungkook, he will never get a second shot at loving Jin. He could only love him from afar because he's where he truly belongs now.

"Babe? What happened?" A petite man linked his arm in Taehyung's arm. He didn't realize he stopped walking.

"Nothing, I just remembered something." Taehyung smiled at his husband, Park Jimin.

"Let's go, Eomma and Appa are waiting for us." Jimin tugged at his husband's arm lovingly.

Taehyung nodded. They rode the car in silence, Taehyung lost in his own thoughts again.

"Taehyung, son, there's nothing we can do about this branch anymore. We did everything we could. We should just sell this and return home."  Taehyung's father said.

"No, Abeoji, I won't give up. I've worked hard for this. I gave up my relationship to focus on this! I won't let it go to waste."

"But Taehyung, we are already incurring a loss here. There's only so much our company can take."

"I'll find a way, Abeoji. Trust me, please. I am already looking for new business partners for this."

Taehyung found himself talking to someone from his previous university. He already knew Taehyung and was also conducting business in the States.

"My family is willing to invest in your business, Taehyung-ssi," Said Park Jimin, "but you have to return the favor."

"At this point, I will do anything to save the company." Taehyung was determined to succeed, he already lost Jin because of this damned company, he won't lose this too.

"Are you sure? Don't you want to find out what the favor is?"

Taehyung shook his head. "I just want this to be resolved immediately."

"Alright, I'll have our legal advisors draft the contract and present them to you."

Looking back, he should have asked first what the favor was. At the time, he didn't care if he was being reckless. But it's too late for regret now, and he wouldn't hurt someone again with his selfishness. Sure he still doesn't love his husband, but he's very thankful to him, and he'll pay for it everyday by staying.