For Good

Jin smiled sleepily upon hearing Jungkook. He still gets so warm and fuzzy everytime he hears Jungkook say he loves him. He longed to hear these words from him a long time ago. He remembered how Jungkook first said it nervously eight months ago.

"Jungkook, don't you have work? Why are you here in my house all the time?"

Jungkook chuckled. "I do have work, actually. However, I manage my own time that's why I can spend every waking moment with you."

"Just the waking moments?" Jin teased his best friend. He has been a great help since he and Taehyung broke up four months ago. He barely felt the sadness and loss of the break up because Jungkook made sure that he's well taken care of and happy. The latter almost effortless for the man, as Jungkook has and always been a constant source of happiness for him. Not that he would admit it in front of Jungkook.

"If given the chance, I'll gladly spend the rest of my life with you, Jin."

"Yah, Kook-ah, when did you get so cheesy?" Jin retorted but he couldn't hide the growing blush on his cheeks.

Jungkook took the opportunity to cup his cheeks. "You're blushing, Jinnie. Does that mean you don't oppose the idea?"

"Whatever, Jungkook. We're best friends. Unless you betray me, you have no choice but to really spend the rest of your life with me."

Jungkook got nervous. Was he really just Jin's best friend? He wouldn't know if he wouldn't try. It's now or never.

"I don't want to be your best friend anymore, Jin."

Jin got teary eyed hearing that. Jungkook doesn't want to be his friend, was he really that bad? All the people he loved left him. His tears rolled down his cheeks unknowingly.

"Hey! Hey Jin, don't cry. Why are you crying, baby? You know I can't stand to see you crying. It breaks my heart."

"You don't want to be my friend anymore. Am I that bad?"

Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief. He was momentarily confused about the reason for Jin's tears but upon realizing the situation, he became nervous once more.

"No, you're not bad, Jin. You're perfect. In every way. You're so perfect for me, baby."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Jin sniffled.

"I-I love you, Jin. Not as a friend. But as a lover, a partner. If you'd let me, I'll do anything just to make you happy, I'd spend all my days with you. I'd be everything you need."

Jin was quietly digesting everything Jungkook said. He felt happy and scared at the same time; he didn't know how long will Jungkook stay with him. But when he looked at his best friend's eyes, he knew, that this time, it'll be for good.

"I love you too, Jungkook."