Family Dinner

Jungkook frequented EatJin Cafe in the hopes of meeting Jin again. He eats there everyday for lunch and dinner but he never got the chance to see his Jin again. It's like Jin was avoiding him purposefully but he can't think of any reason why Jin would want to do that.

Jin knew every time Jungkook would dine at the restaurant. He busied himself with the kitchen or his office works to avoid going out during those times and figured Jungkook will eventually get tired coming to the restaurant and eating their food day and night.

It was Jin's birthday and his parents planned a simple celebration for him at their house. Jin was ecstatic that he'd get to meet his parents again after a while. He last saw them during the graduation and things got so busy with the restaurant opening that he never got the time to visit. Jin planned on staying for the week because he needed the time to rest. He also figured it would be the best time to formally introduce his boyfriend to his parents. They already know who Taehyung is since they were classmates in university and he knows they'd be happy for him and will welcome Taehyung with open arms.

Jin finished cooking with his mom and was preparing the table when the doorbell chimed. He looked at his mom asking if she's expecting anybody and she just shrugged her shoulders. His dad opened the front door and Mrs. Jeon bursted through their kitchen and smothered him with hugs. Right. He forgot that the Jeons were technically a part of family dinners and occassions.

His smile faltered and disappeared when he met the eyes of the last person he wanted to see. Jungkook. He looked at his mother once again but his mother averted her gaze. The dining room was suddenly filled with tension so thick one can cut it with a knife. Everybody's standing awkwardly until Mr. Kim said, "Alright, let's sit down for dinner. Jin, call your boyfriend down so we can start."

Jin, thankful for his father's intervention, quickly went up the stairs to his bedroom. He saw Taehyung working on some business papers and lovingly wrapped his arms around the other whispering, "It's time to eat, baby. They're waiting."

Jin introduced his handsome boyfriend to the Jeons and the dinner just got weirder. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon was silent almost all throughout and Jungkook just played around his food while constantly throwing sharp glances at Jin and Taehyung whenever they look at each other sweetly.

"So, Taehyung-ssi, since when did you and our Jin became boyfriends?" Mrs. Jeon asked Taehyung directly.

"Eomma!" Jungkook interjected.

"What? I'm just asking."

"It's okay, Mrs. Jeon. We've been together since our graduation day. So it's been a year now." Taehyung smiled while holding Jin's hand.

"I see, so it hasn't been that long." Mrs. Jeon looked at him in the eye.

"Yes, but I intend to spend a long time with him. That is, if he'd let me." Taehyung smiled sweetly at Jin, making him blush.

"Yah, Taehyung, stop being cheesy."

Jungkook glared at the couple and this didn't went unnoticed by Mr. Kim so he cleared his throat.

They continued the meal while Mr. and Mrs. Kim was silent all throughout the conversation. Finally, the dreadful dinner was finished and the Jeons excused themselves. Jin and his mother cleared the table while Jin's dad invited Taehyung to go out to buy something at the convenience store.

"Jin, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that the Jeons were coming. I didn't know you'd be bringing someone home and it was supposed to be a fun evening."

"Mom, it's alright. What's done is done. I think everybody's fine. Let's just not forget important details like that next time."

"Uhm, Jinnie. There's supposed to be another purpose for the dinner. But I don't think it'll push through now that you have a boyfriend."