Best Friends

Jin and Kook.
Kook and Jin.

They were inseparable.

They went to school together, ate their lunches together, played sports together, they joined the same clubs and organizations. And at the end of the day, they went home together. Even now that they were in high school, they're still thick as thieves. Their bond never changed, if anything, their bond went deeper.

"Jin, let's drop by the supermarket later before we head home. I want to buy some snacks for us while we do our homeworks and later for when we watch movies."

"Sure, Kook. Let's also drop by the bookstore, I have to get some supplies."

Jin and Kook were happily choosing which snacks they should get when an elderly lady came to Jin's side.

"You and your boyfriend look so cute and happy. I wish you'd stay together for a long time."

"Oh no, halmeoni, we were just.." Jin was saying before Kook cut him off.

"Thank you, halmeoni." Kook said, smiling.

Jin blushed while saying, "Yah! Kook, why would you say that?!"

Kook just shrugged his shoulders and laughed heartily and proceeded to another isle leaving Jin wondering to himself what his best friend was thinking.

"Kook, wait for me! We still have to go to the bookstore."

"Hurry up, baby! Get your slow ass here beside me already."

Jin just rolled his eyes towards his best friend's choice of pet name for him and went to the cashier and paid for their purchases.

"Jeon Jungkook! What were you thinking back there? The halmeoni could've misunderstood our relationship!"

"Then let her misunderstand us, baby." Kook winked at his best friend playfully.

"Stop winking at me, you brat!" Jin was blushing furiously while Kook went about his things like he didn't make his best friend's heart beat eratically.