Restart

Jin laid on his bed thinking about everything that had happened between him and Jungkook. It wasn't even remotely near like the first time it happened because this hurts so much worse. He truly believed that Jungkook reciprocated his feelings this time. Why else would they stay up late at night curled in each others' arms talking about the future? Their hopes and dreams? Why else would they make love all through the night if he didn't love him back? Jin cried his heart and soul out even more thinking about all those nights. He poured everything out just to try and ease the pain. He swore to himself that this will be the last time that he, Kim Seokjin, will cry over Jeon Jungkook.

Eversince that day happened, Jin made sure that he will not cross paths with Jungkook again. He moved out of his parents' house despite their protests.  He knew he was being selfish but he cannot risk running into Jungkook again. The hurt and humiliation he felt cut deep in him and left him broken. He changed. He's no longer the Jin who's funny, kind and sweet, but instead he became Seokjin, distant and aloof. He always kept people at arms length, never really getting close enough to know how he truly felt.

But his friendship with Taehyung had somehow survived the change. Taehyung understood how broken he was and never left his side. The man is persistent in his pursuit of Jin's love. He became anything and everything Jin needed and more. He knows that what he was doing might take awhile, or might not get reciprocated at all. But in the end, he knows that fighting and waiting for Jin will be worthwhile. Just seeing that lovely smile on that beautiful face makes all his efforts worth it.

Jin's parents, including Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, also noticed the changes in Jin too. On the rare occasions that Jin goes home and joins family dinners with the Jeons, he is quiet. He responds only when asked and never really shares anything. He's also the first one to finish eating and immediately excuses himself.

No one can really blame him though. They knew what he went through. They just wanted the old Jin back but it seems they won't be getting what they were wishing for anytime soon.