Empty

Jungkook.

Alone.

Jungkook doesn't understand why he felt so alone. He was always with someone, be it his go to sex partner or his other friends. He was never physically alone, he was always having sex with his fuck buddy, or sometimes with another guy, or whatever gender he prefers according to his current mood. But still, he feels... Empty. He's never felt this empty all his life and he doesn't know why.

He went home early for the first time in almost a year. He didn't want to socialize with his friends. His mood was very off lately and every little thing he sees annoyed him to the core.

When he was almost at his house, he saw Jin's main door opened. He was about to go to him but then he saw Jin walking out with someone. He's never seen this one before and belatedly remembered that he hasn't met any of Jin's classmates yet or even Jin for that matter.

Jin was laughing at something the boy was saying to him and he saw the sparkle in Jin's eyes. He looked so happy. He realized he missed Jin. His best friend. So much that his heart ached at the mere sight of him.

Jin noticed the person standing near the fence looking at him and saw Jungkook. He nodded to him as acknowledgement and went back to talking and laughing with Taehyung. He didn't even bother to introduce the two boys with each other and he knew that what he did to Jungkook was not how the latter was used to be treated. He felt slightly guilty but then he remembered all the pain that he caused him. At that moment, he just didn't care about how Jungkook will feel.

"Jin." Jungkook cleared his throat to try to get his best friend's attention.

The boy informed Jin that Jungkook was calling him. Jin turned around and lifted an eyebrow, as if in question.

"I was wondering if we can hang out today?"

"Why?" Jungkook gritted his teeth but didn't show it to Jin.

"Because it's been so long since we last hung out, and I miss y—"

Jin cut Jungkook's words off. "Maybe next time. I have something better to do now, anyway."

Jungkook fisted his hands. He has never felt so angry in all his life. Jin has never done this to him. He was always Jin's priority and he didn't think his Jin would replace him easily with someone just because he was busy having the time of his life.

He decided then that when the annoying boy with a boxy smile and heart eyes for Jin left, he will confront his best friend.