Giddy

Jungkook dropped Jin off at the train station the next morning. They parted ways as friends and Jin couldn't feel any lighter while Jungkook felt really forlorn. He decided to be Jin's friend if that's what he wants him to be.

"Text me when you get back, okay?" Jungkook said while hugging Jin.

"Okay, Eomma." Jin joked while Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I'm not kidding, Jin. If you didn't text me after a few hours, I'll hunt you down in Seoul."

"Alright, alright, I got it! Gosh. You are a freak." Jin answered.

"I will miss you." Jungkook sighed. I just got you back. And here you are leaving again, he thought to himself.

"Me too." Jin said quietly. He already misses Jungkook even when they're still together. He's contemplating his decisions but he needs to stand his ground.

"Hurry on, the train will leave you." Jungkook pulled him into another hug and placed a lingering kiss on Jin's cheek near the corner of his lips. Jin was taken aback by the sudden action but he liked it.

"Goodbye, Jungkook. I'll see you around."

"No goodbyes, Jinnie. Just see you again."

Jin waved to Jungkook and boarded the train. He sighed again. He will miss Jungkook. He still holds that soft spot in his heart. But this is the end for them. They can only be friends from now on. He took his phone from his bag and sent Taehyung a message.

Jin: I'll see you in a few hours, baby. I'll text you again so you can pick me up at the station. Kiss Yeontan for me.

Jin slept through the whole train ride. He didn't realize he needed that much sleep. When he woke up a few hours later, he sent Taehyung another message which was left unread. He must be busy, he thought.

At last his train arrived in Seoul. He got his bag and went outside looking for his boyfriend and got disappointed. Taehyung wasn't there to pick him up. It's a first since they've known each other. He shrugged it off and thought Taehyung was just busy with work.

He went to his apartment and showered. He then proceeded to his restaurant to check on it and catch up on paperworks.

Time flies by when he works so when he glanced at the clock again, he was shocked. It was already nine in the evening. No wonder he was tired. He checked on his phone and see a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Jungkook but none from his boyfriend. He frowned at that, Taehyung hasn't gone a whole day without even sending him a message. He remembered his promise to text Jungkook as soon as he arrived but forgot so he immediately sent him one.

Jin: Oh my God, Jungkook. I am sorry, I forgot to text you. I slept through the ride and when I woke up, I immediately went home and got to work.

Jungkook: Thank God, Jin! I was about to drive down there thinking something must have happened. Have you texted your Eomma?

Jin smiled knowing Jungkook was worried for him. He even smiled wider knowing Jungkook was thinking about his parents too.

Jin: No, I totally forgot. I'll send them a message now. I'm heading home by the way.

Jungkook: Okay, drive safely, Jin. Text me when you get home?

Jin: Will do.

Jin felt giddy with Jungkook's concern. He quickly schooled his face in an unreadable expression and texted Taehyung.

Jin: Baby, I'm heading home right now. Have you eaten dinner? Text me when you get home, okay? Love you.

Jin waited for several minutes for Taehyung's reply but it never came. He's wondering what Taehyung has been up to that he had forgotten to call him or even send him messages. He's getting a little worried too. His boyfriend has never been like this. He's always available when it comes to Jin.