Thankful

It's been almost two years since Jin moved out of his parents' house. At first it was difficult but eventually he adjusted. His parents still sent him allowance for school, but he rarely used it and just saved it. He applied for a part time job at a local restaurant to pay for his rent and bills, and luckily, his tuition fees were never a problem because of his scholarship. Only a year more left and he'll graduate.

Jin and Taehyung are still friends. The man has been courting Jin since the start of their sophomore year but Jin couldn't bring himself to love again. It's not that Taehyung is not lovable, he is, but the problem is with him. His heart has hardened. He's encouraged Taehyung to divert his attention and feelings for somebody else but the man is persistent.

"Jin, please don't push me away. I'm not forcing you to love me back."

"I don't want to hurt you, Tae. I don't want you to waste your time and feelings for someone like me." He said softly.

Taehyung sighed. They've been talking about this all the time. "I am not wasting my time with you. The days I spent with you are the happiest of my life, Jin. I feel contented when I'm with you, just seeing you smile makes my day. What more can I ask for? I am not even asking for you to make a decision, I'm just asking you to let me take care of you the way you are meant to be taken cared of."

"I don't deserve you, Tae. You deserve someone better. Someone who will love you and make you happy."

"Jin, you make me happy. Just let me love you, okay? At least until I realize that I won't ever get anything from this, from you. Until then, I'll love you, and I'll never leave your side."

Defeated, Jin just nodded. Taehyung makes him happy. He feels comfortable around the man. He loves seeing that sweet, boxy smile on his face. He loves him, but not romantically. He knows it's unfair for Taehyung to make him wait like this but he is persistent. Determined. He's never asked for anything in return. And for that, he is very thankful. And he realized just what he has to do.