Acceptance

Stressed.

That's what Jin was for the last eight months while preparing for his and Jungkook's wedding. They both agreed that they want a simple and intimate wedding, where only their closest friends and families would attend. They don't need the fanfare a big wedding entails, after all, what's important is their marriage.

Jin was busy shopping for supplies he needed for the wedding when he bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to, I was just in a rush— Taehyung?"

"Jin? How are you?" Taehyung couldn't hide the grin that broke out on his face.

"I'm good, when did you come back? Are you staying for good?"

"I came back eight months ago. Yeah, I'll be staying for good now. The issue we had in the states was resolved."

"Good to hear that." There was an awkward silence. Both of them didn't know how to proceed as they ended on bad terms.

"So —"

"I—" Both of them said at the same time.

Jin chuckled. "You go ahead."

"Can I invite you for lunch? If you're not busy." Taehyung asked. Jin thought about it and nodded, "Okay."

They proceeded to a nearby Italian restaurant and ordered. Jin was busy texting Jungkook informing him that he'll be eating lunch with Taehyung.

"So Jin, how are you? How's your restaurant?"

"It's good, I've recently renovated and expanded to accommodate more customers. Jungkook has been helping me a lot too."

"Are you—"

"Yeah, Jungkook and I will be getting married next weekend. I'm shopping for last minute supplies when we bumped into each other earlier."

Taehyung grew quiet. If he hadn't chosen the company over Jin, he'd most likely be married to Jin now. He shook his head. He's already married, why is he thinking about marrying another man?

"Are you alright?" Asked Jin.

"Yes. I just thought of something. Look Jin, I'm really sorry for what happened between us."

"It's okay, Tae. It happened for the best. Had we not broken up, Jungkook and I wouldn't have rediscovered our friendship and relationship."

Taehyung smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes. Jin noticed this and reached out for his hand. He saw the ring on Taehyung's finger and smiled.

"Are you already married?"

Taehyung looked down on his hand and nodded.

"I'm happy you found love again, Tae. You deserve to be happy." Jin patted his hand.

I hope I can say the same to you, Jin. Taehyung thought.

"Can Jungkook join us for lunch? He'll be picking me up and we originally planned to dine together."

Taehyung just nodded his head. Maybe he needed to see and hear this so he can finally move on with his life.

"Why don't you ask your husband, I presume, to join us too?"

"Oh, that wouldn't be necessary."

"Please, Tae. I wanted to meet your husband, I'm sure he's a wonderful person knowing you fell in love with him and married him."

If you only knew, Jin. If you only knew. The only man I love and wanted to marry was you. It's always been you.

Taehyung shook his head at the same time Jungkook arrived.

"Hi, love. Am I late? Did you wait for me long?" Jungkook kissed Jin's forehead lovingly.

"Taehyung-ssi. Nice to meet you again." They shook hands.

"Jungkook-ssi. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding."

"Thank you."

Their food arrived and they talked about a lot of things. Soon, they finished eating and Jungkook foot the bill.

"You don't have to do that, I invited Jin for lunch."

"No, Tae, it's fine. It's our welcome back treat for you. Hopefully your husband can join us next time too."

"I'll tell him about it."

The ex-lovers hugged each other and Jin and Jungkook left.

Goodbye, Jin, I hope you know that I've always loved you. I'm sorry things ended this way but I'm happy for you, I'm sure Jungkook will take care of you the way you deserve. Taehyung looked at the retreating couple and then texted his husband.

"I'll be home soon. See you."