Distance

Jin.
Jungkook.

It has been two months since Jin distanced himself from Jungkook. He kept himself busy with his studies and focused his attention on his new friends. He still misses his best friend though, but he tried harder to stay away since Jungkook didn't even seem to notice that Jin has stopped contacting him.

The first few days was so difficult for Jin that he always succumbed to texting or calling the boy first. As he expected, Jungkook is busy doing his so called projects and promised Jin that they would meet up soon. He believed him at first, and he made several attempts to follow through with their plans but then Jungkook started ignoring his calls and texts.

He remembered one particular afternoon when he specifically asked Jungkook to meet him. He was depressed because he missed him so much and he felt he needed to confess his feelings to the boy in the hopes of rekindling their relationship.

Jin: Jungkook, can you come to the park, I need to talk to you about something important.

Jungkook: What now, Jin? Can't you tell me what is it you wanna talk about over the phone? I'm in the middle of something.

Jin: No, I need to tell you this in person.

Jungkook: Whatever, Jin. I have more important things to do than listen to you talk.

Jin: But Jungkook -

Jungkook hung up the phone and once again left Jin shocked to the core. Jin decided that this was the last straw for him. All the promises Jungkook told him were left broken along with his heart so he'll just stop contacting Jungkook and wait for someone who doesn't even care about him.

Jin and Taehyung.
Taehyung and Jin.

All while this is happening, Jin's classmate Taehyung was paying close attention to him. He's been attracted to the beautiful boy with the sad, honey brown eyes ever since he laid eyes on him. He easily befriended Jin because Jin is approachable and kind. He always has a smile to offer which never fails to brighten Taehyung's day.

Jin and Taehyung became close to each other and always spent time together after their classes. They ate at their favorite coffee shop, watched movies at the mall, or simply lounged together at the park inside their campus.

Jin's smiles slowly became bright and genuine again. Taehyung has made him realize that his world didn't stop with his "best friend" ignoring him. He has his whole life ahead, and his new friends to bring joy to his life.