Falter

Jin went to his bathroom and locked the door. He clutched his chest and tried to calm his heartbeat. He thought that he won't be affected seeing Jungkook anymore. He was so sure he wouldn't give a single damn about the man who brought him so much pain. But why does his heart clenched painfully seeing him break down like that? He almost knelt down and wiped Jungkook's tears. Was he stupid? The man did nothing but hurt him. And with just a single tear, the walls he tried so hard to build around his heart almost crumbled to nothing.

He cannot do this. He's happy now. He's in a relationship and he loves his boyfriend. He wouldn't betray Taehyung like this. He's been there for him all these years.

But he can still hear Jungkook's sniffles. He's still crying. He wouldn't go out of his bathroom until he hears Jungkook leave his room. He cannot see him like this. If this continues, he knows he will falter. Thankfully, Jungkook left after a few painful minutes.

Jin couldn't sleep that night. Jungkook's cries haunted his mind. He can still hear the sobs that racked the other's body. But he couldn't let those affect his mind and feelings. He has someone now. Someone he loves and who loves him back just as much, if not much more.

His phone chimed pulling him out of his thoughts. Picking up the gadget, he's excited thinking it was Tae who sent him a message.

Jungkook: Jin, I'm sorry I texted this late. I can't sleep thinking about you. Please talk to me.

Jungkook: Please, Jin, baby. I need you. I cannot live without you. I'm sorry for hurting you. You can do anything you want with me. Slap me, punch me. Just don't ignore me, please.

Jungkook: I love you, Jin. So much. It hurts a lot to think that you're so near yet so far. Please, baby. Please.

Jungkook: I'll do everything you say, baby. Please let me prove to you how much I love you. Please give me a chance.

*Read*

Jin knew it was petty leaving him on read. But he doesn't really know what to say to the other right now. His mind and heart is faltering and he cannot have that. He loves Taehyung, and Taehyung loves him too. With Taehyung, he knows he wouldn't be hurt. With that in mind, he decided to turn his phone off to try and get some sleep.