Happy Family

Three years later

"Jeon Ji Hyo, come back here this instant!" Jungkook was yelling at the top of his lungs while calling his eighteen month old daughter. They were supposed to take a bath half an hour ago but the toddler kept running from him, waddling her little bottom around the room.

"Ap-pppa." Little Ji Hyo babbled towards her father.

"Look at you, my precious little baby girl. Giving your daddy a hard time again?" Jin asked his daughter while picking her up and bringing her inside the bathroom.

The little girl babbled some more as an answer to her father, and Jungkook watched the interaction amused at how can his husband understand their daughter's language.

"Go check on Ji Ho, love. We've just finished taking a bath."

Jungkook nodded, thankful that he didn't have to deal with his daughter who is his mini me, and kissed his husband's forehead before heading to his first born's room.

"How is my little man doing?" Jungkook asked as he opened the bedroom door. He saw Ji Ho is almost done dressing himself, requiring minimal help. He then tucked his son in bed and read him a bedtime story. His baby fell asleep almost immediately, tired from the day's activities.

A few minutes later, his freshly bathed daughter came waddling through the door to his brother's room and went straight to him.

"Dadda." He picked her up and instantly, she tucked herself on his chest and sucked on her thumb.

"Is my little princess sleepy? Are you tired too?" He caressed her back and softly hummed a lullaby. Soon the little girl is fast asleep in his daddy's arms.

Jungkook couldn't help but be awed by his children's characteristics. He expected that his son would be more like him but instead his son is gentle, kind and matured, much like his Appa, whereas his daughter is very much like him, naughty, loud and energetic.

Looking at his little family always made him emotional. He almost failed to experience this moment had he continued being a jerk to his best friend, his SeokJin. That was something he still regrets to this day, and he swore to himself that he will spend his life making it up to his husband.

Jin came inside the room and back hugged his Jungkook. "I love you, love. No need to think about the past, we can no longer change that. What's important is we were given the chance to rediscover us, our love. You've already proven to me that you've changed, and that you're here to stay. Not just for me, but for the family that we've built. I believe in you, Kookie, in the love you have for us."

"I love you too, Jeon SeokJin, with all of me. Thank you for sticking with me throughout these years. I promise to be the man you and our family deserve and more."

The End.

Thank you for staying with me on this journey. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 💜