Fool

Jin stood nervously before his mother. He's never seen his mother like this before and this made his heart beat frantically.

"What is it, Mom?"

Mrs. Kim looked sheepishly at his son and smiled. "We, I mean, the Jeons and us, kinda wanted you and Jungkook to get married to each other."

"What?!"

"Relax, Jinnie. It's just a suggestion. We won't force—"

"Mom! Even if it's just a suggestion, it's not a good one. You know how badly that man hurt me. He broke me, Mom. How could you even think of marrying me off to him?"

"But Jin, he's changed. He came here looking for you after you left. I tried telling you but you were so adamant about not hearing anything about Jungkook. He's always asking about you whenever they're over for dinner. He's asked for your new number and I gave it to him for you to settle your differences."

"Well, he never contacted me, Mom. And I think that's for the better. I don't want anything to do with him anymore. I will remain respectful of the Jeons because they're your best friends but that's it. As far as I am concerned, Jungkook's chapter in my life is over." Jin said coldly and walked out of their kitchen.

Jin's mom never thought of it like that. She thought that time has already healed the wounds Jungkook has caused his son. She didn't know that Jin's scar ran deeper than she thought. Jungkook didn't disagree when they presented the idea to him so they thought Jin would react the same. After all, they were best friends once upon a time.

She felt sad about how the two boys' friendship turned out, but she's hoping that fate will be so kind to them and bring them back together. For now, she's happy and grateful that his only son seemed happy with the man he chose to love.

Jungkook was fuming by the time he got home. He knew the purpose of this dinner. He came looking his best to impress his future husband. He never once thought that Jin would bring his boyfriend home. And that boyfriend is Taehyung! How could he be so stupid?? The man's got the hots for Jin even before. He knows Jin wouldn't even give him the time of day. He thought that Jin would only have eyes and heart for him. That's why he took Jin for granted before, then took his time improving himself because he's so sure that Jin would still be waiting for him like a fool. Guess who's the biggest fool now?