Closure

Jin finished packing his things once his mother left. Her words rang in his head. He's always known his mother was a wise woman. He'll start living by his mother's words. His thoughts were interrupted when his phone received a message notification.

Jungkook: Can we see each other tonight, Jin?

Read

Jin thought about it and decided to see Jungkook. He figured the sooner he resolves this issue, the sooner he can go back to his life.

Jin: Sure, come by for dinner. I'll let Eomma know you'll be coming. Are Auntie and Uncle coming too?

Jungkook: No, they're currently out of town for Appa's meeting. Would you like to come here instead? I'll cook dinner for us.

Jin: You can cook?

Jungkook: Yeah, I'm pretty good at it too. So?

Jin: Sure, I'll come. What time do you want me to be there?

Jungkook: Is 7pm fine with you?

Jin: Okay, I'll see you then.

Jungkook broke out into a happy grin. He's happy Jin agreed to have dinner with him. After what he said in the cafe and Jin left, he realized he couldn't let Jin go so easily. He immediately listed down the ingredients for Jin's favorite dish and went to the grocery. He'll try his best to cook them for his beloved.

Jin, on the other hand, was restless. He didn't know why he agreed to meet Jungkook. Even after these years, he still doesn't know how to say no to the man. He sighed. He already agreed, there's nothing else he could do.

Jin showered and put on his favorite blue sweatshirt and black jeans. He then went out and knocked next door. Jungkook opened the door for him and he was mesmerized by Jungkook's image.

"Hey, Jin. Are you going to come in or not?" Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of Jin's face.

Jin, realizing he was staring and went speechless for a moment, blushed hard.

"I, uh, sorry for staring." He looked down to hide his heated face from Jungkook.

"It's okay, Jin. I kinda missed seeing you blush because of me." Jungkook winked at him playfully. "Come in, I'm just finishing up the lobsters."

Jin went to the kitchen and helped Jungkook set the table. It amazes him how easily they fall back to their usual routine even when they weren't on good terms. He thinks that years of friendship could be the only reason for this. Jungkook thinks otherwise though.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow morning." Jin said after they finished eating.

"Yeah? Then I'm glad I get to spend it with you before you leave."

"Yeah, me too." Jin surprised Jungkook by saying that.

"Did you really mean that, Jinnie?"

"Yeah. I don't think it's nice to just leave like the last time. At least we can have the closure we didn't get back then."

Jungkook felt sad hearing the word closure. It means he really didn't stand a chance with Jin now. This is the end of them. Tears fell from his eyes unknowingly. Jin wiped them away with his thumb and cupped his cheeks.

"Don't cry, Jungkook. You'll make it hard for me to leave if you cry like this."

"Then don't leave me, Jin. I need you. Here. With me."

Jin shook his head. "Don't get me wrong, Jungkook. I've forgiven you. For everything. But that doesn't mean that I want to be with you. I have a whole life ahead of me. Tae is waiting for me back home. I can be your friend, I promise I'll be here for you when you need me."

"But I don't want to be just your friend, Jin. I want to be your best friend, your lover, your husband. Your future."

Jin held Jungkook's hand tightly in his. "I'm sorry, but I can't be that to you anymore. I have a boyfriend now, Kook. And he loves me."

"But do you love him?" Jungkook asked.

It took Jin a while to answer the question, but he eventually answered.

"Yeah."

Jungkook felt like a sharp knife just stabbed his heart. But he knows he couldn't force Jin to stay with him so he nodded defeatedly.

"Can I hug you at least?"

Jin smiled at him and opened his arms for his friend. Jungkook didn't waste any second and embraced the love of his life. Jungkook kissed Jin's forehead and whispered, "I'll be your friend, Jin, if that's what you want me to be. I just cannot lose you again."