Bleak

"Don't forget to call me everyday, Tae. Please. Don't make me worry too much. If you can't call, just send me a text. I need to know that you're always fine." Jin pleaded to his boyfriend when they were at the airport.

"I will, Jin, I promise. Don't cry now, baby. You'll make it hard for me to leave you." Taehyung said while embracing his boyfriend tightly.

"Then stay with me, baby, even for just another day." Jin couldn't help but be scared. It doesn't feel like a temporary separation. He's afraid he'll lose Taehyung for good this time. He doesn't want to think about it but he can't help it. He's frightened. Their future together looks bleak.

"Tae, please. Just stay with me."

"I can't, Jin. You know I need to do this."

"I know, but I don't want to let you go. Should I just come with you? I'll buy the ticket now. Please, don't leave me."

Taehyung chuckled. His boyfriend is so cute. "We'll facetime each other everyday, baby. I'll be back before you know it."

Jin pouted. "Facetime and being together in person is different, Tae. I want to be with you. I don't want to see your face inside a gadget. I want to touch you, to hold you and to kiss you."

"Believe me, baby, I want to do all those things to you too. A year would fly so fast, trust me. I'll visit you as soon as I can, okay? Smile for me, please?"

"No, I won't. If I smile, you'll go." Jin knows he's acting like a child. But he just can't let Taehyung go easily.

Jungkook just watched the couple silently. It hurts him to see Jin pleading for Taehyung to stay, but he needs to be there for him. Especially now. He saw Taehyung look at him as if asking for help. He came towards the two.

"Jungkook-ssi, I'm sorry for the things I said the other day. Please know I didn't mean any of that."

"It's alright, Taehyung-ssi. I apologize also for punching you."

They shook hands. Taehyung cleared his throat and said, "Please take care of him, Jungkook-ssi. You're the only one I can trust. Don't let him be too sad."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him. Just call him everyday, just like he wanted, okay? You also take care of yourself."

Taehyung nodded. "Thank you, Jungkook-ssi."

Jungkook looked away when Jin and Taehyung kissed each other deeply. He felt sad for the couple, knowing they love each other but has to part ways for now.

"I love you so, so much, Jin." Taehyung hugged his boyfriend for the last time and left for the boarding area. He's holding his tears in because he doesn't want Jin to see him struggling. He too was scared for them. He knew they love each other, but things seemed different with them. But he will hold on to their promise.

Jin cried his heart out. He felt it within his bones. Eventhough they promised to make their relationship work, he just knows. This is the end of them.

"I love you so much too, Taehyung. Goodbye." He whispered.