1

(TW! Talks of toxic relationships, abuse, and alcohol abuse)

Y/n POV:

I looked up from my book, snapping back into reality. Realizing the romance in the story wasn't real. I look out my window to see tiny rain droplets peacefully falling from the clouds above. Hearing the pitter patter from the water hitting the glass calmed me, I felt at safe, at peace.

I have an a large indented window cill in my room. I spend most my time sitting there reading. I have a view of my neighbors house acrossed the street. My room is on the right side of the house so I don't have the best view from that window. All I can really see is the neighbor's house and a clear view of bedroom in that same house. It could be worse so I don't complain to much.

I watched the rain for a good while while picturing the book I was reading in my head. I love romance books, movies, fanfics, etc. the happiness and love from the characters seem so real. I could only wish it was me. I don't believe in true love, but maybe it's because I've never had a healthy relationship. I've had four boyfriends in the past and each one of them ended badly. They all abused me in some way. Two of them did physically and the other one did mentally. It took me years to somewhat get over the trauma they've caused me. But I've never really brought it up to anyone. I feel like a burden and no one would really care in the first place. My best friend Viv is the only one that knows. I can trust them with my life.

I was getting thirsty so I headed downstairs to grab a glass of water and sat down at the dining table. I scrolled through social media since I didn't have to start streaming for another hour.  I tweeted that I was playing Minecraft for my next live. All of a sudden I then heard a loud banging noise coming from outside, followed by loud voices. I stepped out on my front lawn to see my neighbors packing their stuff into a moving truck. I was friends with the people who lived there. They were a middle aged couple and are very sweet. I held my breath and walked over towards them.

"Hey Casey! You guys are moving huh?" I said with a fake smile.

"Yup sure are, excited to leave this place finally" she sighed wiping the sweat off her forehead.

Casey never liked living in England. She's always wanted to live in France or Germany. She's studied both places and it's her dream to go there. I don't know much about them but I do know it's very pretty there.

"I'm excited for you guys. I'll miss you a lot though."

Rob came out of the house with two boxes stacked on top of each other. When he saw us talking he dropped the boxes and jogged over to me.

"There's my Y/n! I missed you! I haven't seen you in so long!" He pulled me into a big warm embrace. "I was going to stop by a few days ago to catch up with you, but something happened and I couldn't. So sorry about that."

Rob was always like a father figure to me. I moved here at 17 to get away from my alcoholic dad. He's treated me like his own and has helped me through so much. I would go live with my mom but she lives in America. I love my mom and I wish I could see her more but plane tickets are so expensive. So I only get to see her once every few years. I like it here in the UK so that's why I never moved in with her.

"No problem Rob, really. But thank you, I appreciate the thought. I missed you a lot too. I'm sad that you guys are leaving. I don't know what I'm going to do without you," I frowned.

"Aww y/n," Casey's face also grew sad. Her long arms wrapped around me. I melted into the hug. Rob then joined in and we were all tangled into each other. It felt so nice, I don't remember the last time I had a hug. But it was just the thing I needed...