27

"There's one!" my excited voice flows into Wilburs ears. He looks at me with a soft grin on his face. My hands tightly gripping the railing lightly lifting my weight from my feet. The small wooden bridge under our toes creaked in the wind. My hair blew with the gentle breeze. Wilbur and I have been looking for fish that swam underneath us in the small river. The orange sun setting gave us a golden glow. I placed my hand on his and flipped it over. Intertwining my fingers with his. He first looked down at his hand. Gave a long stare. Smirked a bit. And looked up at me. The tips of his ears were pink. I couldn't tell if it was from the chilling wind or me. Either way I didn't care, I was with my soulmate. Platonic or not. We were meant to find each other.

"Look!" Wilbur used his other hand to point in the direction of an empty, old wooden swing. He pulled me along and we sat down. There were tall flowers surrounding us. The sun peaking its way through the gaps of the leaves that were on branches of elderly trees. The trees perfectly placed on either side of the swing. Morning glories buried at the feet of the trunks. Wilbur got up and picked one, gently placing it behind my ear. We stared into one another's eyes once Will got back on the seat. His chestnut hair was all messed up due to the wind blowing harder each minute. I took off his glasses to wipe them clean and placed them back on the bridge of his nose. Have edges of his lips rose.

He grabbed me by my armpits and scooted me closer to him. His long arms wrapped around my body and he gave a quick squeeze. I look up at him. He giggles at the sight of my face being upside down. My head against his chest felt right. His warmth feeling like the sun that's hardly there heated my fragile skin. I took his hands in mind and he slugged down so that we were now laying down. His legs were dangling off the end of the swing. Only my feet were hanging. I smiled and closed my eyes. Not giving a shit in the world about anything.

"Where are Niki and Vivian? They were supposed to stay around us. Those bastards," I could hear the smile on his face.

"Hey chill out it's ok. They're prolly just taking a stroll. This is a park after all," I took the bright yellow flower from my hair and began twirling it in the air. The natural beauty that comes accidentally impresses me greatly.

"You know the world around us is so beautiful."

"Yet so hideous," he has let go of his grip on me and puts hands under his head. He's focused on the clouds above. That was something I didn't want to hear, but we both know it's true. I lifted myself up but not enough to the point where I'm sitting. I turned onto my stomach to look at his breathtaking eyes. He lowers his head to look at me.

"Your pretty wise mister. Not fair," he pushes himself up a bit making me lean backwards so I'm fully sitting.

"Your pretty beautiful ma'am" he said fully sitting as well. What did he mean by that? Was he genuinely like, into me? I started getting really hot. Or- no he's just complimenting Nikis work, that's all. Yeah! He was just being kind. "Your blushing."

"No you are, shut up," I cover my cheeks and turned the opposite direction. He giggled a bit and placed his hands on my shoulders. He swiftly turned me around to look at him. We were so close to each other. Our noses almost touching. He's right there. This could be my chance. I look into his piercing eyes. All I could see in them was home. I looked down to see Wilburs hand in mine once again. He reached up to my chin, using his index finger and his thumb to push my head up to look back back at him. My stomach bursted with butterflies. They were dancing happily like royal princes dancing with their lover at a ball.

I started to lean in. We grew closer and closer every second. Time slowed down, this is it. I'll finally be able to kiss Wilbur.

"Get a room," I hear a distant voice call out. I looked over. It was Viv, of course. Ruining the moment... again. Next to her was Niki following her down the path to the swing we were sitting at. I looked back at Wilbur to see him very distant from me. Our hands no longer touching. Our lips no longer near each other. Truth be told they were farther away then they have been for a long time. Wilbur wasn't even sitting on the swing with me anymore. Thanks Viv.

"I mean I knew Y/n liked you but damn I didn't expect you guys to get at it so quick," they say as they approach the swing.

"VIVIAN!" I stand up in front of her with an oh my god I'm fucked face but sprinkle a bit of anger in it. "SAYS YOU, WHO MADE OUT WITH THEIR GIRLFRIEND THE FIRST DAY OF MEETING THEM. WILBUR AND I DIDNT EVEN KISS WE WERE WHISPERING TO EACH OTHER DAMNIT!" I knew I should've of lied about that but if it took the attention away from us being a thing I was down to do it. I could see the hurt on Vivs face, not only theirs but Nikis as well. Followed by Wilbur that was standing in the corner of my eye.

I grabbed my stuff sitting on the ground next to the swing. I picked up the morning glory that Will picked for me. I smelled the yellow flower. It's pungent, almost thick sort of scent, but it's fruity and warm with hints of honey and ripe citrus. It smelled like beauty. I put it back in my hair above my ear where it belongs. The wind starts to pick up fast. I walk over to Wilbur and take him by his hand. He hesitates but after a few attempts of pulling him along he follows leaving the two behind.

I put my phone up to my ear and chat with a person on the other end. We stop at the road and I let go of him. I pace back in forth until the call ends. We both don't say a word and just entertain ourselves with the ever so wonderful internet. I look up and grab Wills hand again.

"Uhh," he lets out.

"I called an Uber. I hope you don't mind," he shakes his head no. We get in and the driver drives us home. He gets out first holding the door open for me. I pay the driver guy some cash and we head inside my flat. Wilbur makes his way into the main room and flops onto the sofa, rubbing his hands into his stressed face.

What is with this guy...