28

There was a quiet knock at my door. Before I could get up to open it, it slowly swung open. Followed by a small bang. Behind the door was Wilbur with his hands full. Desperately trying to not drop anything. He was holding a silver tray with a bowl of ice cream (you choose what flavor) sitting on it. Along with a huge homestead cookie and a note. In his other hand he was holding tea and a rose. He was also pressing a book under his chin so he had no other choice but to look down. I raced to the door to great him.

"Oh my god Wilbur," I let out a laugh. "What are you doing," I grabbed the book from under his chin and placed it on the tray that I took from him. We walked to my bed where we set everything down. "What's all this for?" I said still giggling.

"I wanted to do something for you since I was acting like a proper dick earlier."

"Aw Will," I made puppy eyes at him and gave him a big embrace. I buried my face into his chest and melted into the hug. "I'm sorry for being a jerk as well. You didn't deserve it." I let go and sat on my bed taking the cookie and crumbled it into my ice cream. To which I dived into. "Thank you for this," I looked up at him with a shy smile.

"Anything."

"Want some?"

"No im ok."

"Cmonnn." I scooped a bit into the spoon and held it out in front of me. "You know you want it." He rolled his eyes and smirked.

"You fucker," his smirk turned into a smile. He bent down and put the spoon in his mouth. I pulled it away and grinned at him.

"See, I knew you wanted it," my smile turned cheeky as I took a sip of my hot tea.

I held the red rose in one hand and the note in the other. I stood up and walked over to my desk chair and pulled it closer to the bed. My hand patted the soft, white duvet signaling him to sit down. He moved the tray away so he could sit somewhat close to me.

"Do you want me to read the note?" He shook his head no.

"Read it when I'm gone." I nod my head slowly, what could he have possibly wrote?

"Or when I'm gone and your sad. That's the best time to read it."

"Oh?" I reply. He nods his head once again and looks down. Ever since... the park.. he's been really shy towards me.

"I think imma get going, I told my fans I was going to stream today," he stands up and takes me by my arms. I get lifted up but I feel saggy in a way. I don't want him to go. Regardless of if it's awkward between us. I stick out my lower lips and droop onto his chest. I curl my arms around his torso and stay there. His gentle arms wrapped around my waist and sets his chin on top my head. Making butterflies fill my stomach, I squeeze tighter.

"I don't want you to leave," I finally say. He stays silent. We stay there for what felt like eternity. But it didn't matter, I was in his arms, he was in my arms. That was what mattered.

"I must go now," he backs away, his homely body pulling away from my grip. As I watch him disappear from my sight I fall onto my bed. No emotion, just numb. What now? What is there to do? I don't know what is going on between me and Viv. Niki also. I don't even know what's going on between me and Wilbur if I'll be honest. I don't have any other friends. I don't talk to anyone else.

I sat up and looked at the rose. An idea shot into my head. I launched off of my bed and ran down the stairs. I quickly grabbed my keys and wallet off of my counter and booked it to my car. I went to the nearest shop and picked up what I needed. I got home as quick as I could and made it up the stairs. I stood at the door looking at the rose laid down on my bed. I walk over to it and kneeled onto the floor. In my shopping bag I grabbed a glass case and placed  it onto my bed. I gently grabbed the vibrant red rose and placed it into the transparent case. The rose was fully surrounded by glass now. I stand up and take a step back. It's beautiful. My favorite Disney princess movie is "Beauty and the Beast" so when I saw the rose I knew what I had to do. The rose doesn't look real. It's perfect. It almost looked like the one in the movie. I just wish the romance came with it. My hands gripped the cased rose and put it on my desk. It's gorgeous, I love it.

I sprung onto my bed and laid on my back. As I look into my light gray ceiling a warm streak slides down my cheek. I lifted my hand. I'm dripping with tears. I'm not sure why, I can't feel anything. Just... neutral.

I sit up and grab my phone sitting at the foot of my bed. I fall onto my stomach and text Viv.

Viv 💯⛓

Hey
I'm sorry

I waited for a response... non. I waited a few more minutes. Not a word.

Viv 💯⛓

Hey
I'm sorry
Viv?
Can you come over so we can talk?
Please?

Read

I sat up at the sight of them reading it. I waited five minutes for a response. Nothing. They left me on read. They never do that. I don't think they've ever done that. Shit. My eyes filled with tears, making my vision go blurry. I aggressively threw my phone across the room out of rage. A loud smash echos through the room. I opened my mouth like I was going to say something. But all that came out was an ear piercing shriek. I've messed up. I fall onto my back and began my weeping. I laid my arms over my eyes and sobbed. I didn't mean to hurt Vivian. I was just embarrassed. I'm so sorry Viv. So so sorry.

A heavy weight pushed against my torso, I take my arms off to see Viv laying on me. Their face pressed into my chest and their arms wrap around my body as much as they can. I enfolded them tightly. My tears stop. I don't know when they came in. Or why they came in. They could have just stayed home and ignored me. But I don't care anymore. This is what I needed. I needed Vivs presence. I need my best friend with me. I can loose them. I love them way to much. It was stupid of me to put Wilbur first.

"Chicks before dicks," I whisper. I know they aren't fully female. Since they use them/them pronouns. But we used that phrase for as long as I can remember. Viv doesn't mind.

"Sisters before misters," they reply with a quiet laugh. All sadness went away. I knew this was an indication that we're friends again...